CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
Specific internship responsibilities will be determined closer to your start date and depend on the needs of the department. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Learning the basics of commercial lending and financial services
- Assisting with portfolio management and business development
- Credit file maintenance, financial analysis, and research
- Tracking and maintaining prospect database/lists
- Developing and distributing materials or presentations
- Supporting various projects throughout the summer
Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics major(s) desired
- Spring 2021 graduate, or earlier, at the time of internship
- Bachelors degree earned by graduation
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 achieved by graduation
- Preferably two Accounting courses taken by graduation
- Strong MS Office skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in applying for the 2021 Commercial Banking Training Program (CBTP)