Lutheran Health Network in Fort Wayne, Indiana is seeking Pulmonary Critical Care physicians to share coverage for the avg 8-12 ICU beds at both Dupont Hospital and St. Joseph Hospital. Sleep and pulmonary clinic work will be scheduled at the Dupont Hospital campus. 7 days on – 7 days off block schedule.
Established referral system backed by a major multi-specialty medical group - Lutheran Health Physicians with more than 350 providers representing a wide range of specialties. https://lutheranhealthphysicians.com/
Unmet need; large market share opportunity will allow a new provider to build a practice quickly
Dupont Hospital: 131-bed acute care facility serving. As a Truven Top 100 Hospital, Dupont is dedicated to 5-Star Service driven by our physician leaders and over 600 on staff. Dupont is a boutique style hospital in an affluent area with a high payor mix population.
St. Joseph Hospital: 191 bed tertiary care facility dedicated to the neighborhoods in and around the heart of Ft. Wayne. Building on the community’s renewed interest in living and working downtown, St. Joe not only offers traditional healthcare, but behavioral health and wound care. The hospital houses Indiana’s only burn center verified in both adult and pediatric burn care, as well as the region’s only multi-person hyperbaric chamber. New hospital breaking ground in 2019!
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
- Commencement Bonus and/or Signing Bonus
- Med Ed Debt Repayment
- Fellowship Stipend
- Health, Life & Retirement
- CME, Med, Lic & Dues
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000, with a clinical draw of 1.2M
- NamedAll-American City Award and a City of Livability
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses and 300 lakes within 50 miles of Fort Wayne
- Family activities: the award winning Children’s Zoo and Science Central Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three hours)