CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. Our Energy group is expanding and looking for a Regional Energy Sales Manager to supervise our Country Operations Certified Energy Sales Specialist. You must be able to make decisions, work independently and in a team environment. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Manage a sales team of certified energy specialists responsible for selling retail propane, refined fuels and lubricants, programs and services on behalf of assigned Country Operations in a multi-state geography.
- Train and Develop sales team on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the division.
- Work with sales team to increase sales and profitability of energy related products, refined fuels, propane, lubes with existing and new customers.
- Ensure sales team is promoting the right programs which have been predetermined to offer the best returns for both the patron and cooperative.
- Ensure pricing is consistent across all locations within the division.
- Work with sales team on competitive issues to guarantee the best outcome.
- Conduct interviews, hiring selection, on-boarding and annual performance reviews; initiate performance improvement plans, provide day to day direction, coaching and development.
- Manage profit/loss and understand what margins are needed to achieve budget, take corrective action when needed to ensure marketing objectives support the achievement of designated budgets.
- Collaborate with managers and peers across the division and other business units.
- Oversee the ongoing training of the sales team, requiring sales team maintain their certification
- Travel within assigned territory to include overnight stays.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of proven sales experience with multiple/complex products and large key customers
- 2 plus years of management experience supervising a sales team
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with overnight stays
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or Agriculture
- Energy product experience to include Petroleum, Refined Fuels, or Lubricants
- Experience preparing moderate to complex bids and proposals
- Experience developing marketing plans, calculating margins, and profit
Auto req ID:
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
Inver Grove Heights
LE - Ag Business Country Ops
Minimum Education Required:
ACTIVE FULL TIME
Sales / Business Development