CHS has a great opportunity in our Transportation Division. We are looking for a Mechanic in Grand Forks, NDto maintain our truck & trailer fleet. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a customer service focus.
- Perform all maintenance and repairs of trucks and trailers to include oil changes, P/M inspections, DOT inspections, brake and shoe replacement, suspension repair and replacement, air and electrical trouble shooting and repair, clutch adjustments and replacement, wire feed welding and some minor fabrication, rear end and transmission replacement, minor engine repair, heating and air conditioning repair.
- Work to improve equipment and maintenance to support operating departments with safe, reliable trucks, tractors and trailers that are in full compliance with all regulatory agencies and at a cost within industry standards.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Shop Safety & Policies Procedures Manual.
- Participate in company training for service and repair of vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
- Commit to personal safety, the safety of others and safety to the environment.
- Work additional hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous experience repairing trucks and/or trailers
- Must own a full set of hand tools and a roll-away tool cabinet
- Must pass DOT physical, drug test and background check
- Must pass post offer pre-employment physical job requirements screening
- Automotive/Mechanical Degree or Certification
- Tank testing, inspection and repair
- Class A CDL
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Part 396, Inspection Repair and Maintenance
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations HM 126, HM 181, HM 183 and all other pertinent State and Federal regulations
Auto req ID:
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
TR - Energy-Transportation
Minimum Education Required:
GED / High School Diploma
ACTIVE FULL TIME
Driver / Transportation