CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to work in both our Energy and Agronomy Departments. Primary duties from April through August will be in the Agronomy Department with the remainder of the year working in the Energy Department. This individual will manage all aspects of creating an excellent customer service experience for current and prospective customers. You must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and customer service skills, and the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are essential.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers (internal and external) including answering and responding to calls in a timely manner.
- Promptly resolve customer requests, questions and complaints that frequently require analysis of detail to determine the best use of resources to reach resolution.
- Work to increase sales through prompt, courteous responsiveness to customer needs and use of referrals and telemarketing.
- Accurately enter all customer data in the system.
- Efficiently maintain the data storage system including, but not limited to: daily cash receipts, prepayments, product sales, the budget billing program, marketing programs, customer files and customer delivery dispatches.
- Support and advocate compliance with sales programs, operating procedures and corporate policies covering credit, inventory and safety.
- Communicate daily with the supervisor on customer, competition, safety and financial issues.
- Make recommendations for improvement in interdepartmental relationships and work processes within the business team to provide excellent customer service.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Associate's degree in Business
- Three-plus years of experience in a customer service role
- Account management experience
- Working knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work extended hours to meet business demands
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs., stand, bend, walk, talk and sit
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Customer Service background
- Energy and.or Agronomy Cooperative background
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both spoken and written
Auto req ID:
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
LE - Ag Business Country Ops
Minimum Education Required:
ACTIVE FULL TIME