Rotoflow™ - Aftermarket Field ServiceTechnician
Rotoflow™, An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM - providing a wide-range of new equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons. Aftermarket services such as spare parts, repairs, upgrades, field services, engineering evaluations, reliability and performance assessments, troubleshooting, training, remote diagnostics/data monitoring, and shop services are some of the many offerings provided from regional service centers for both Air Products and non-Air Products equipment. Visit www.rotoflow.com for more information.
We are seeking Aftermarket Field ServiceTechnicians to provide machinery repair, installation, commissioning, and startup support at customer field sites and at regional field service centers. A successful candidate will enjoy:
- Having the ability to be part of growing a world-class service business from its initiation and see the results of the candidate's hard work and outstanding customer service,
- Working within a close, well integrated global team,
- Often being the direct interface with customers in the field, and seeing the business results of providing outstanding customer service,
- Gaining hands-on direct experience with a wide variety of precision machinery - including centrifugal expanders, compressors, accessory systems, pumps, etc.,
- The ability to grow and develop skill sets necessary to advance beyond mechanical support including full commissioning, startup, and troubleshooting of complex machinery systems.
- Assembly, troubleshooting, fitting, adjustment, testing, reconditioning and repair of parts and components for precision turbomachinery and related auxiliary systems,
- Close tolerance machine assembly,
- Use of precision measuring tools and equipment,
- Part inspection with coordinate measuring machine operations,
- Low speed balancing,
- Travel to customer sites to perform installation, field repair, commissioning, startup, and troubleshooting of machinery systems, both domestically and internationally 60-80% per year,
- Uphold Air Products safety values and ensuring that all support activity is performed in accordance with Air Products standards and practices.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Technical/mechanical trade or associates degree, training, or equivalent 10+ years' experience in similar field service or plant maintenance role, with an emphasis on compressors, turbines, and pumps of all types,
- Strong desire and aptitude to learn and take on new challenges and responsibilities,
- Application of shop mathematics and computer/PC knowledge is required,
- Ability to read, interpret, and work with complex part and assembly drawings and manuals,
- Machining background with knowledge in lathe, milling, and grinding operations,
- Familiar with low speed balancing of components and assemblies,
- Knowledge of inspection using/programming coordinate measuring machines,
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) of precision machined parts,
- Ability to lead contractors to disassemble, diagnose and repair complex machinery systems,
- Ability to read and understand machinery P&ID's, commission, start up, and troubleshoot machinery systems,
- Experience with instrumentation and PLC systems a strong plus,
- Experience with magnetic bearing control systems a strong plus,
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute,
- Must have good communication skills, strong attention to detail, creativity, problem solving, and ability to work as part of a team,
- Shop work to be performed at regional repair facilities, with 60-80% travel to domestic and international locations as needed.
- Some flexibility in location based on business need.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Aftermarket Field Service Technician
North America - Non Exempt
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided:
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division:
Gardner Cryogenics & CyroMachinery Admin