Supervising Physician – Family Practice
- 2 to 3 Patient Care Days per Month
- Mid-Level Supervision is Minimal Time (detailed below)
- Monday through Saturday
- 9:00am to 5:30pm
- $500 Monthly Stipend, per provider supervised (up to $2,000 monthly)
- $85 to $90 per Hour, clinical patient care
- Malpractice Insurance
- All Negotiable, dependent upon experience and commitment
Cameron, North Carolina
This private practice has been serving the larger Cameron area since 2013, offering family practice services to patients aged two and older. They are a full service organization with primary care and wellness, immunizations, routine medical testing, and walk-in acute care. They also manage chronic medical conditions and provide medically supervised weight loss, in addition to home sleep studies, treatment of minor skin conditions, telemedicine, and more. They operate with a small, dedicated team of employees, including 2 physicians and 2 physician assistants. They are currently hiring due to growth.
The new supervising physician will work in a dual role, overseeing a limited number of physician assistants (PAs) and providing a small amount of direct patient care.
As a supervising physician:
- oversee no more than 4 physician assistants
- for the first 6 months of the supervisory relationship, review 1-2 charts per month per PA
- on an ongoing basis, review 1-2 charts per PA every 6 months (twice per year)
- chart review can be completed via the phone or in-person on patient care days
- be available for occasional phone calls from assigned PAs
Please note that this practice only hires experienced, autonomous PAs. The PAs require very little assistance from supervising physicians, beyond regulatory chart reviews. It’s common for PAs to go months without having questions for their supervising physicians, leading to this being a very minimal time commitment.
As a clinical staff physician:
- work 2 to 3 shifts per month
- see 15 to 20 patients per 8-hour shift, with the support of a clinical assistant
- provide general primary care / family practice services
- see acute care / walk-in patients
- patients are ages two and up; there is no infant care.
The practice utilizes the Kareo EHR.
The new provider will not have any on-call duties or evening hours. Saturday shifts are available if desired, but not required.
- North Carolina medical license (clean, unencumbered)
- Board Certification or Eligibility, Family Practice
- previous supervisory experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Jenn Kunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a full list of available opportunities at CHS Recruiting.