Nurse Practitioner - Annual Wellness Visits
- Monday through Friday
- Some Flexibility Offered
SUPPORT OFFICE HOURS:
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00am to 6:00pm
- $90,000 to $115,000 Base Salary, dependent upon experience
- Bonus Opportunities
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- License/DEA Fees Paid
- Package Negotiable
- Richmond, Virginia
- Patients reside in skilled nursing, independent living, and assisted living facilities.
The hiring organization is a new Medicare Advantage Health Plan available to long-term skilled nursing facility and other residents in Richmond, Virginia, and the surrounding counties. Eligible residents will be able to enroll in the plan in mid-October of 2019 and coverage begins on January 1, 2020. The company currently operates in two other states and will be operating in four states total by the end of the year. They operate on a patient-centered nurse practitioner clinical model in which the nurse practitioners partner with the residents’ primary care and nursing teams, focusing on improving quality and appropriateness of care and ensuring the residents’ goals of care are achieved.
As a key member of the assessment team, the new nurse practitioner will work in collaboration and consultation with patients’ care team (plan NPs, physicians, staff RNs, and other healthcare
professionals) to conduct annual wellness visit assessments for plan members.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct assessments on health plan members residing in various long-term care facilities.
- Be responsible for documenting past medical history, review of systems, medication review, and depression screening.
- Conduct comprehensive physical exams to include vital signs.
- Discuss advanced care planning with health plan members and families.
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment.
- Identify referral needs.
- Identify urgent and emergent situations for proper intervention.
- Accurately and compliantly code diagnoses.
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment.
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care.
- Educate members and families on topics such as disease processes, medication effects, and fall prevention.
The organization uses the Athena EHR.
There are no nights, weekends, or on-call.
- Virginia NP license
- 1+ years advanced practice experience required; 2+ years preferred
- previous adult/geriatric clinical care experience
- must be able to travel briefly out-of-state to complete training
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Jenn Kunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a full list of available opportunities with CHS Recruiting.