The Website Liaison (WL) can be a full time or part time position (minimum 20 hours). The WL will be expected to work from any of the Coughlin locations; however, Lowville is the preferred location as the website department is located there.
The Website Liaison is the chief communicator for the website department. He/she is responsible for requesting content for client sites, troubleshooting client concerns, collaborating with the website team, and growing the department through new sales and marketing initiatives.
This position requires someone with exceptional organization and communication skills. Technical proficiency in website design is not necessary. Familiarity with Joomla! or WordPress CMS would be helpful, but not required. The liaison, after some time in the department, should be able to handle some technical website work to help the team during busy seasons.
Sales and Marketing
- Pursue new website clients using print and digital media (his will likely include writing blog articles and mass email marketing)
- Track website inquiries, collect pre-sales information, and work with website team to develop and deliver estimates
- Engage in pre-sales meetings on phone or in person (with website team as needed) to identify client needs and problems in order to promote appropriate company products and services
- Manage current sales tracking board
- Collect payment and manage paperwork on all new sites/projects
- Project growth and develop strategies to meet projections
Website Project Management
- Collaborate with website team on needs, time frames, and special directives
- Communicate with clients to collect information needed for website development
- Create user accounts and manage client information via helpdesk and file systems (electronic and physical)
- Establish reasonable deadlines for site creation and coordinate with website team to help meet said deadlines through time management and organizational tools
- Work with the General Manager to ensure that projects move forward in a timely, cost-effective manner, making changes and adjustments as necessary
- Build and maintain effective, professional relationships with clients
- Conduct final inspections of sites before they go live
- Test website for Accessibility and SEO as necessary
- Generate reports for each project/site
- Help resolve client problems or questions via phone, email, and online helpdesk as abilities and competencies allow
- Escalate priority clients or crisis situations to website team via ticket system
- Post-site creation follow-up with clients to assess satisfaction
- Promote the growth of the website department through add-on sales, new sales, promotions and target marketing
- Promote Coughlin website services/products via social media channels
Though each team member has areas of expertise, all share the responsibility of adapting to company challenges and supporting each other (even outside the scope of their normal job duties). We expect all team members to be flexible, positive, and full of grace.
On-the-job training provided for the WL to learn the company systems, procedures, software, clients, ticket system, methodologies, products and skill sets. There is an understanding that there is a learning curve and a new WL is not expected to understand everything the role entails until he/she has a few months of experience.
- Organizational skills
- Professional communication skills
- Social Media proficiency
- Ability to use technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Time management
- Active listening
- Must be able to consume fair amounts of coffee or tea ;)
- Typing, grammar and spelling proficiency
- Proficiency with WordPress or Joomla! CMS
- Experience with website hosting setup
Confidentiality of procedures, equipment, and plans is expected. Non-disclosure and non-compete agreements are required. All new team members are on a three-month probation period after which performance, competency, and growth will be evaluated. Coughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CHRISTIAN BUSINESS ENDEAVORS INC