Director of Adult Services
- Posted: over a month ago
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For over 40 years, the Chinese American Service League’s (CASL) comprehensive programs have connected families and individuals with the vital support they need: providing an educational and cultural foundation for our children, ensuring our seniors live full and independent lives with dignity, enhancing education and training for tomorrow's workforce, putting immigrants on the pathway to citizenship, and securing our community's housing and financial well-being.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Program Services, the Director of Adult Services will have overall operational responsibility for all programs under the Adult Services Department, including the Human Services, Housing and Financial Education, Culinary Training, and Legal Services programs. They will have a deep knowledge of social service operations and have excellent program leadership and management skills, with the ability to develop and grow sustainable client impact for the population they serve. The position will be a part of the senior management team that drives the overall strategy for the organization and represents the Chinese American Service League on a local, regional, and national basis.
As a champion of our Mission, Vision and Core Values, this role will:
· Be grounded in mutual respect and acceptance, building a culture of Inclusivity;
· Support staff Empowerment through skills attainment, and developmental opportunities;
· Work in partnership to achieve a workplace that embodies Collaboration;
· Envision and realize Transformation of people, processes and policy;
· Model Resiliency to leverage the collective strengths of our dynamic work force.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Takes the lead on planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating adult social service operations that can take the organization to the next stage of growth.
· Participates as a member of the senior management team in the review and establishment of policies and procedures for carrying out the department's goals and objectives.
· Develops, administers, and supervises the programming and operations of all adult social services activities.
· Advocates for adult social service needs and issues, and provides coordination in the development of a comprehensive system of adult social service in the region, including creation review and analysis of special projects
· Directs subordinate managers in the development, maintenance and evaluation of complex program services, and supervises, coaches, and develops staff.
· Coordinates with executive team to strengthen a service delivery system that is coordinated and seamless, person centered, and integrates diversity, equity inclusion and access.
· Develops, recommends, directs, and administers comprehensive and effective programs and services that address the changing needs and improve the quality of life for the client population.
· Interprets and explains policies, rules and procedures and formulates improvements for staff, and recommends future programs and activities.
· Prepares, negotiates and administers contracts, prepares and maintains monitoring and reporting systems, prepares grant applications and confers with state and federal regulatory agencies.
· Works with Development Department to develop resources to support program funding needs and participate in fund raising events.
· Manages, writes and submits annual reports to the Board and prepares and maintains records and reports, and bi-monthly and annual program performance reports.
· Develops and administrates department operations and ensure that all program operations are compliant with government’s, funder’s and agency’s policies.
· Utilizes data to inform and generate positive impact and ensure a high level of quality assurance.
Strategic Planning and Direction
· Further develop and enhance the adult social services system of care in the context of current and future needs, strengths and challenges.
· Implements innovative program and operational models and structures that enhance services, reduce costs, and improves quality.
· Analyzes proposed legislation, regulations, or rule changes to determine how programs could be impacted, and researches and analyzes client and community needs to determine program directions and goals.
· Works with the Associate Vice President of Program Services to develop and execute agency’s Board Approved strategic plan, and develops, monitors, and evaluates department’s strategic plan.
· Evaluates and designs programs, services, activities or methods and initiates action for improvement to meet departmental quality and growth goals.
· Evaluate and be responsive to new and changing federal and state initiatives involving adult social services and keeps abreast of new trends and developments related to adult social service activities.
· Leads cross-systems collaboration to respond to emerging needs and to develop new opportunities to support the social-emotional well-being of the client population.
· In coordination with the Government Affairs Officer, Develops and maintains positive working relationships with legislators, federal and state offices, representatives of other government agencies, community groups and the public.
· Attends various meetings of community organizations, coalitions, and advisory boards to develop resources and address issues of concern to client population.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community to meet community’s and agency’s needs.
· Participates in and provides advice to advisory and planning boards, commissions, task forces and other special groups as required; and
· Communicates with CASL clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the various agency programs and solicit input to improve service delivery.
· Secures and manages complex funding streams including leveraging federal, local and other funding in order to expand services and address unmet and emerging needs.
· Develops the annual operating and capital budgets in collaboration with the finance department and under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, with a focus on service and sector growth.
· Prepares and recommends the annual department budget, including review and analysis of budget requests, and the management of expenditures and revenues
· Effectively analyzes and evaluates complex financial, budgeting, contracting and administrative problems and implement effective solutions.
· Understands federal and state laws, rules and regulations pertaining to service delivery, public accounting and budgeting.
· Manages the department budget in accordance with appropriate fiscal and accounting standards.
· Monitors and evaluates program performances, outcomes, and service quality to measure impact and for continuous quality improvement.
· Analyses demographic and client service and utilization data for decision-making, program design and the development and evaluation of program and system metrics.
· Effectively facilitates system, program and administrative performance improvement efforts.
· Works with CASL's Salesforce Administrator to generate program reports and dashboards on program's key indicators of program outcome, program efficiency as well as effectiveness.
· Implements data informed practice by regularly analyzing and utilizing data from Salesforce to support decision making in program operation, evaluation and reporting, strategic plan as well as staff supervision and development.
· Enters clients’ case notes into Salesforce, if needed.
· Education equivalent to a Master’s degree in Human Services Administration, Social Work, Pubic Administration, or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university.
· At least five (5) years of experience in a senior management role, two (2) of which as a Director or Assistant Director, in a social service agency or related organization.
· Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree with at least ten (10) years of experience in a senior management role, three (3) of which as a Director or Assistant Director, in a social service agency or related organization.
· Must possess a broad knowledge of social services with an emphasis in program growth, and the ability to develop programs/projects to meet the needs of a growing population.
· Excellent English writing and speaking skills, second language proficiency a plus – Spanish preferred
· Excellent computer skills
· Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
· Have knowledge of social service program administration and/or adult education, and/or citizenship and immigration services.
· Basic end-user level understanding and experience with Salesforce is a plus.
· Experience researching, applying for and administering grants.
· Organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
· Required to occasionally lift/move objects weighing in less than 20 pounds.
Environment and Scheduling:
· Work is performed during standard business hours, Monday through Friday.
· Work is performed in an administrative office setting.
· Must be flexible and available to work additional hours when necessary.
CASL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnic or national origin, or any other status protected by State and Federal Law.Requirements:
CHINESE AMERICAN SERVICE LEAGUE, INC
2141 South Tan CtChicago, IL
BusinessView all jobs at CHINESE AMERICAN SERVICE LEAGUE, INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?