Vice President, Education and Innovation
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
The Vice President of Education and Innovation (VP/EI) is responsible for the overall leadership of the association's education and innovation-focused programs, services, and budget. The VP/EI will provide a well-rounded portfolio of programs and services consisting of quality conferences, seminars, virtual learning, and special events in support of the professional development needs of senior healthcare IT and serve the needs of CHIME members, CHIME Foundation members, and the global healthcare community to further innovation in healthcare.
The VP/EI contributes to the long-range strategic direction of the organization's education and innovation programs and activities; updates the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors, as needed; and participates as part of the leadership team.
The VP/EI works with leadership, staff, volunteers, and key stakeholders via formal and informal committees and work groups as needed or assigned to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive education and innovation roadmap; and continually strives to increase the involvement and awareness of CHIME and its members and stakeholders in these areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new events, education and innovation facilitation ideas and programs.
- Ensures that delivery of programs are of an appropriate level of quality, are effective and timely and in line with the Company's strategic plans, expectations and goals.
- Selects program/course offerings for the year, negotiates prices with venues, vendors, and business partners and prepares an annual calendar of offerings for the year.
- Collaborates with individuals and committees to develop original content for programs.
- Stays atop of changes in industry and/or profession affecting the role of healthcare IT executives to ensure education and innovation programs are current and offered in a timely manner.
- Develop workshop ideas, best practice sharing, and innovation ecosystem development designed for furthering innovation in partnership with health IT executives.
- Coordinates directly with the event management function for all CHIME activities.
- Partners with organizational leaders to manage programs for business requirements.
- Develops and maintains a faculty bank of discussion leaders to teach seminars by recruiting, assigning and monitoring evaluations of faculty.
- Provides quality control of all programs, their content and faculty/presenters to ensure high-quality programming.
- Analyzes attendance reports, evaluations, P&L statements and varying needs of the members and organization to determine which programs to drop, retain or add.
- In collaboration with marketing and communications team, develops a year-round, multi-faceted marketing plan to promote both the overall calendar of programs and individual event/course offerings to appropriate audiences to maximize attendance.
- Build relationships with and maintain a current list of healthcare startups, founders, and health technology VCs.
- Actively engages with CHIME and CHIME Foundation members to inform and build relationships.
- Develops innovation partnerships and negotiates the terms of those partnerships.
- Remain knowledgeable about practices, tools, and techniques to stimulate and support healthcare innovation, including strategic use of technology in healthcare.
- Oversees all committees which represent and/or participate in the development of education and innovation programs and services.
- Positively impacts the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results.
- Sources, manages and implements new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintains effective, key stakeholder relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree and/or Certified Association Executive certification preferred.
- Three to five years of recent senior-level management experience
- Experience or background in healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of various in-person curricula models and online learning platforms.
- Awareness of the transition in the professional education marketplace from in-person to online courses and an executable strategy for maintaining revenues.
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and leading large, complex events.
- An accessible, responsive style with a customer service orientation.
- Proficiency with web-based tools and technology, and a vision for how to use them effectively in the professional education arena.
- Rigorous thinker with the ability to analyze program data, spot market trends, determine future needs and develop a strategic vision for addressing them.
- Effective leader who can manage, motivate, mentor, train, retain high-performing teams.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Superior public speaking/platform skills.
- Discipline to successfully work without close supervision.
- Excellent project management and problem resolution skills.
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills, creativity, and strategic thinking.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a positive attitude are imperative.
This is a remote based position, but the ability to travel extensively including evenings and weekends when necessary is required.
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.
CHIME College of Healthcare Information Management Executives
AddressElk Grove Village, IL
Get fresh College Vice President jobs daily straight to your inbox!