Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program.
Work as a technical and programmatic PM to provide technical and programmatic direction and oversee a team to develop and track interoperability-related transition efforts by managing the planning, schedule, project issue prioritization, and resource allocation of the team. Manage the development, modification, enhancement, deployment or decommissioning of a product, service, or system to ensure successful deployment of the Electronic Health Record (EHR), with considerations to scope, resources, and time. Create project documentation, such as system requirements and flow diagrams. Engage stakeholders and partners to develop interim and to-be solutions that seamlessly address stakeholder and partner requirements, as well as elicit and prioritize new requirements that may emerge throughout the project to ensure system readiness. Manage day-to-day interactions and provide accurate and timely status report information to executive clients.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience. Minimum of 8 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements
• Experience managing multiple, concurrent Information Technology related projects with concentrations in health information data flow, interoperability, and systems integration
• Well versed in the software development life cycle and project management methodologies
• Experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress
• Able to identify and mitigate risks by developing appropriate plans
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline is required
• Previous work experience with VA
• Experience integrating electronic health records a plus
• Previous experience with strategic interoperability partners, including Department of Defense (DoD), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), National Cemetery Administration (NCA), Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), external partners, and Cerner
• Knowledge of VA legacy systems (Bi-Directional Health Information Exchange (BHIE), Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS), VistA Web, Compensation and Pension Records Interchange (CAPRI))
• Familiarity with Joint Legacy Viewer (JLV), Community Care, Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER)/Veterans Health Information Exchange (VHIE)
• Familiarity with healthcare standards (HL7, C-CDA, FHIR, XML