Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Compensation: Full Time, salaried, including medical benefits, vacation and sick leave
CHEVOO is a rapidly growing producer of specialty dairy products supplying national retail and food service markets. The company and position are based in Healdsburg, California.
We are looking for a high-energy Production Supervisor to take on this key role in running a high quality, state of the art operation. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervising production activities, including set up, production, sanitation and compliance to ensure that product is efficiently produced while maintaining food safety, food quality and employee safety standards. Initially, this position will train on A shift (6:00 – 14:30) but will transition to B shift (14:30 – 23:00) as demand requires.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
· Supervise all production and sanitation activities performed by employees
· Maintain a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift
· Monitor reports of daily production results, material usage, waste and downtime
· Enforce operational procedures such as GMPs, SOPs and SSOPs
· Ensure equipment is maintained, sanitized and operating efficiently to produce a high quality and safe product
· Work with compliance manager and team to ensure food safety compliance.
· Take appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies
· Participate in interactions with various regulatory agencies to ensure the plant’s state and federal compliance
· Review safety standards with team members and document employee safety compliance ensuring compliance with the necessary rules and regulations
· Inspire passion and commitment. Build team culture to drive productivity and quality standards.
· Maintain the CalOSHA safety program
· Work with maintenance to achieve equipment uptime goals.
· Hold stand up meeting with the team to discuss daily goals, objectives and company updates.
· Resolve situations that arise in the plant and be available at all (reasonable) times for such situations
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Food Science or related field, or equivalent years of related experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook/Excel/Word required
· Experience with ERP software highly desired
· Experience with Food Traceability software desired
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Must be a cultural fit and have strong interpersonal skills
· Strong skills in calculating basic mathematical equations and formulas
· Ability to lead people of different ethnic and educational backgrounds
· Mechanically and electrically inclined, comfortable around machinery and capable of assisting in set up and troubleshooting of equipment.
· Impeccable detail orientation, time management, project management and organizational skills
· Must have a working knowledge of HACCP (HARPC), GMPs, and GFSI certification criteria
· Highly motivated and able to work independently
· Ability to move freely within the plant to inspect all processes and equipment
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
· Willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Effective communication skills in both verbal and written formats
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people
· Keen understanding of audiences and ability to adjust communication to achieve desired results
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· HACCP or Food Quality certified preferred
· Forklift certified preferred
· Stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
· Ability to push/pull more than 1,000 pounds using a pallet jack
· Ability to lift at least (50) pounds independently; bending; squatting; stooping; kneeling; climbing; or reaching for extended periods of time
Why Work Here?All details about CHEVOO can be found at www.chevoo.com
Small start up, great team, competitive wage.