CHARTER MANAGEMENT CORP Doylestown, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position encompasses preventative maintenance, janitorial aspects, as well as painting, light carpentry, light electrical, light plumbing, and light hvac. While being licensed would be a major plus, it is not required.
The Job description is included below.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
General property maintenance experience, knowledge of appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing and electrical knowledge, knowledge of HVAC maintenance and repair, knowledge of safety procedures, safety conscious, steady and dependable, ability to work with pressure of deadlines, and ability to flex work schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for routine property maintenance per the weekly maintenance worksheets, timely work order service, and cost-effective inventory control of the properties. Completed worksheets must be turned in with time and materials at the end of the day to Manager. Required to be “on call” 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1) Perform minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis. Accurately document work performed on service request, including parts and return to Manager by end of day. Report incomplete service requests at the end of the day.
2) As a representative of Charter Management Corp.- Promote good public relations with owners, residents, co-workers, vendors, and the general public through great “people” attitude. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards all clients and vendors. Never confront a client (owner or tenant), vendor, or member of the pubic on-site, over the phone, or in writing.
3) Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by the Manager.
4) Inspect exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep on a weekly basis in accordance with the maintenance worksheets.
5) Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
6) Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA and health codes.
Reports directly to the Manager, who has the primary authority to determine the exact “day-to-day” duties of the technician. Works with leasing personnel, other maintenance staff, property manager, and vendors.
Hours of Work: Report to Office 9 a.m., Monday through Friday. Workday ends at 5pm. Must be “on call” 24 hours per day.
Amount of Overtime: As needed for emergencies.
Approved Attire: During business hours or when representing Charter Management Corp, employee must wear company provided work shirts and jackets paired with khakis, cargo pants, and/or jeans which must be clean and free of holes. Footwear must be rubber soled and provide protection of the foot from any heavy and/or sharp item or tool.
Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition. Ability to lift 100 lbs. necessary for installation and removal of appliances. Ability to operate all necessary hand tools to make repairs. Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repairs. Ability to drive to and from job sites. Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather, as may be necessary.
Tools: Must provide own basic tools, or be willing to obtain the required hand tools. Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand powered
CHARTER MANAGEMENT CORP
Comprehensive property management, maintenance, and leasing firm serving Bucks County and Montgomery County, PA
Real EstateView all jobs at CHARTER MANAGEMENT CORP