Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides the highest level of infrastructure technical expertise and project leadership in the department. Designs and develops technical and business initiatives and strategies in order to support the infrastructure department and IS goals. Develops an understanding of the client business strategy and competitive environment to ensure technology solutions align with business requirements. Provides recommendations to senior management regarding new technology, design and system enhancements. Provides support to Security in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures.
Develops work plans and estimates for complex projects and ensures that project teams remain on schedule and within budget. Monitors risks to ensure the operations integrity of each release throughout the implementation cycle. Develops and maintains vendor relationships.
- Establish networking environment by Architecting and designing network configurations; directing network installations; documenting and enforcing standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; providing 3rd level troubleshooting on network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with peers on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Cisco Certifications (CCDA, CCNP OR CCNA)
- Configuration and daily support of Cisco ACI and NX-OS
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience.
- VMware NSX Network
- Minimum 2 year hands on experience.
- Cisco NAC (ISE 802.11x)
- Cisco Wireless (Identity Services Engine (ISE), Mobility Services Engine (MSE), Prime, Controllers, Aironet Access Points)
- Meraki Wireless
- Cisco 36xx, 37xx, 38xx, 4xxx, 9xxxx, ASR1x
- LAN/WAN Routing Architecture and Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP etc.)
- Network Management Tools (Solar Winds, Gigamon, NetScout)
- InfoBlox – NetMRI, IPAM
- SSL VPN
- Packet Capture Tools
- Voice and data communication
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable professional certification and/or eight to ten years relevant technical and analytical experience.
Requirements include the same as previous in job family plus strong technical, analytic, design and development experience.
Extensive experience in/with:
- Developing and implementing multiple architecture frameworks, models and integrated strategies to support enterprise requirements
- Use of leading edge tools and model based development
- Vendor management to ensure resource requirements and timelines are met
- Monitoring risk and ensuring the operation integrity of each release throughout the project implementation cycle
- Multi-faceted technology architectures
- Technical strategic and tactical enterprise project management
- Developing business plans for technology initiatives
Strong knowledge of:
- Complex tactical network infrastructure technology
- Network security and control procedures
Strong leadership experience including:
- Providing technical consultation, mentoring and training to less senior staff
- Providing technical knowledge and leadership to project teams/technical project maintenance teams
- Drive project solutions and hold project team members accountable for the successful achievement of solutions
Strong written communication skills, including, but not limited to, procedures and technical material preparation and presentation.