You must be authorized to work in the U.S. as well as pass an extensive background investigation, drug screen, and motor vehicle record check. The work location for this position is the Richmond City Jail in Richmond, VA.
CGL Facility Management, LLC provides comprehensive contract facility maintenance services to commercial clients. The HVAC Technician will be responsible for both preventive and corrective HVAC maintenance work and minimal installations with our client.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs preventive and some corrective maintenance services to existing HVAC equipment corresponding to work orders generated from a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Complete all documentation of work performed in compliance with the CMMS data collection process.
• Installs, repair, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, engines, pumps, belts, fans, air handling units, VAV and fan powered boxes.
• Maintains the safe operation of systems including electronic / pneumatic environmental controls, oil / gas fired water tube boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as various types of pumps, de-aerating tanks, air compressor blowers, etc.
• Examines environmental control and stationary systems to diagnose problems using proper inspection / testing and monitoring techniques while exhibiting safe and proper use of tools.
• Must be able to quickly become familiar with the design and layout of the facilities; to learn the locations of installed environmental control and monitoring systems / equipment; and understand operating procedures relating to environmental controls.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and according to the standards of CGL Facility Management, LLC, OSHA, and our clients.
• Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
• May escort subcontractors during completion of their work at the site.
• May perform other preventive and corrective maintenance tasks as directed by CGL Facility Management.
• Must maintain a clean and safe workplace while and after performing maintenance tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have knowledge of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and general building maintenance. Plumbing and steam knowledge preferred.
- Must have experience with commercial VAV's, frequency drives, actuator valves.
- Must have experience with automated building management systems. Carrier BAS or Metasys is preferred.
- Refrigeration experience with ice machines, small refrigerated appliances, and walk-in kitchen equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to read blueprints and as-built drawings.
- Three or more years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- EPA & HVAC certification required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal back ground check.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who can multitask, and prioritize as well as demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with our clients.
CGL Facility Management, LLC, a Hunt Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are standard business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Will be required to be on-call for after-hours emergency maintenance on a rotating basis.
Travel less than 10% of the time.
Majority of the tasks associated with this position will be performed indoors, however, some duties will require the ability to function outdoors with exposure to seasonal weather conditions for short periods of time. May have exposure to potential hazards.
Our company offers competitive pay, incentive programs, generous paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, wellness, retirement, educational assistance, career anniversary recognition program, career growth, and much, much more!!
Our focus is on providing the most well-rounded program for each challenge. We ensure that every client's needs are answered with dynamic, creative, and practical solutions that serve the public need and last for generations.
Why Work Here?CGL has more than 40 years of expertise providing planning, design, management, and maintenance solutions to the criminal justice market. We work with local, state, national, and international communities to create efficient systems and facilities that improve and strengthen the communities served. Our focus is on providing the most well-rounded program for each challenge. We ensure that every client's needs are answered with dynamic, creative, and practical solutions that serve the public need and last for generations.
Positive work environment!