The Maintenance Manager will assist the Maintenance Director/Community Director in maintaining the physical condition of property in safe, attractive, and comfortable condition including, but not limited to, establishing preventive maintenance programs, performing property and equipment inspections, maintaining the project inventory, supervising personnel, assigning maintenance tasks, and preparing work schedules, and ensuring compliance with all maintenance related policies. As a Maintenance Manager, your overall responsibility will be to ensure that the units and other property facilities at your assigned location remain in good working order. You will perform tasks as needed, which may include service requests and preparing units for rent availability (including painting units and landscape duties.
Our company offers competitive pay, incentive programs, generous paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, wellness, retirement, educational assistance, career anniversary recognition program, career growth, and much, much more!
You must be able to pass a drug, background screen and a physical abilities test (if one is required per the position).
Essential Job Functions
- Direct supervision Maintenance Technicians and employees. Supervision includes hiring, training, performance management and, termination of direct reports.
- Schedule, train, daily supervision, and evaluate all subordinate maintenance personnel.
- Prioritize work orders, and follow up on assignments to ensure completion.
- Establish emergency on-call procedures.
- Responsible for all company owned equipment and small tools.
- Supervise the make ready of vacated units.
- Make regular inspections of the property.
- Establish preventive maintenance procedures.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and order all parts and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist the Community Director in performing annual / semi-annual unit inspections.
- Assist in all aspects of the project’s maintenance, including grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred, and emergency.
- Assist Maintenance Director as requested.
- Contribute to resident retention programs.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Direct supervision Maintenance Technicians and employees. Supervision includes hiring, training, performance management and, termination of direct reports.
High school diploma (or equivalent)/ advanced training or degree in building maintenance, management, construction, skilled trades or other related subject preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma required.
- Have knowledge of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance and 5 or more years’ experience in building maintenance.
- One to two years’ staff supervisory experience required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Perform work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts as needed.
- Previous experience managing other highly desirable.
- HVAC Certification required
- EPA Universal Certification Program completion or EPA 608 Type I and Type II certification
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, you may contact us at 915-533-1122 and ask to speak to a human resources representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.