CGI seeks a Scrum Master.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required as well as successful passing of CGI background check prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance;
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience. Four additional years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree;
- Thorough understanding of, and master level experience with, Agile methodology and Scrum processes;
- This is a highly interactive role and, as such, you will need excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, with the ability to work multiple deadlines and with several teams simultaneously;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively plan and run team meetings; and
- Ability to relate epics, tickets and sub-tasks to milestones and tasks for specific schedule/event tracking.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification;
- Technical knowledge/skills/experience;
- Experience with various project management methodologies;
- Experience on complex work assignments in matrixed organizations;
- Domain knowledge of Security and the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master supporting our DHS CDM DEFEND program. This person will have a strong background in Scrum and Agile and will lead a geographically dispersed team that follows established Agile processes, facilitates Agile ceremonies, and runs Kanban boards. The Scrum Master will assist management in the daily operation of a major cyber security program. This individual will lead the Lafayette Team Scrum and be responsible for facilitating and triaging help desk tickets with team members located in both Louisiana and Virginia. This individual will also work with Team CGI supporting seven (7) federal agencies as Agency Core Teams (ACT). The successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual, a self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Manage end-to-end quality deliverables/documentation and processes for the Lafayette Team Scrum;
- Ensure Agile documentation evolves as established Agile processes continue to improve, including documentation in Confluence;
- Create reports, track metrics, and communicate statistics to Team CGI leadership and DHS;
- Create EasyBI reports that include valuable metrics to be used by teams and leadership with the goal of continuously improving capabilities and support to DHS;
- Ensure Kanban is up-to-date with user stories for all team member locations;
- Run Kanban boards and conduct and support planning and retrospectives;
- Verify and validate tickets and assign to appropriate team members based on their skillsets and the advice of SMEs, as well as ensure tickets are being worked to completion;
- Update tickets with appropriate Categories, Project Codes, and Detail by working directly with the ticket requestors;
- Triage tickets to verify that adequate detail, tracking events, schedules and milestones are annotated for the specific Epics such as Release Versions, Troubleshooting, and Data Quality efforts;
- Attend planning meetings and readouts;
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies for Lafayette team;
- Work diligently to understand requirements and user stories;
- Lead by example and coach members as they improve their Agile understanding and work through tickets;
- Facilitate the team’s successful completion of planned work, epics, tickets, mitigating risks and overcoming issues;
- Track team progress and work to resolve issues, impediments, and blockers; and
- Communicate progress, issues, and needs to both team members and management.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -