CGI seeks a Jr. Informatica/Teradata Developer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills
• Prefer candidates with some ETL development background
• Proficient in writing SQL – Simple/Medium/Complex SQL’s
• Ability to write Unix Shell scripts integrating SQL, Perl or Python as needed to solve the problem
• Experience working in fast paced environment is preferred
• Must be technical and hands on capable
• Strong attention to detail
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Agile projects working Experience
- Analytical Thinking
CGI is looking for a Jr Informatica Developer w/ Teradata for a Healthcare Client.
- As a Jr. Informatica/Teradata Developer , this team member will have a software development background that will facilitate design and development of technical solutions for new and existing Business Intelligence applications. Interacts with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software applications. Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable IT clients to accomplish their business objectives. This position is on a team that is responsible for providing technical Data Management and Business Intelligence solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop routines leveraging Teradata utilities and custom SQL
• Develop Informatica workflows to collect data from multiple data sources based on mapping specifications provided to the developer.
• Develop solutions outside of Informatica that allows for data to be collected (Linux scripts, Ruby, REST API, etc.)
• Conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required. Knowledge with Test Driven Development is strongly preferred.
• Fill out required documentation such as installation instructions and follow company standards and procedures.
• Anticipate customers’ analytic needs and proactively conceptualize and champion high-value Business Intelligence solutions.
• Actively support products by providing prompt responses to customer problems and inquiries. Make the customer’s experience first priority in all.
• Keep the Production Support team management informed of any issues or concerns.
• Participate/Assist with deployments to all environments including Production (which could occur after hours).
• New development and support task responsibilities as assigned.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -