CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sr. Java Developer to join the CGH Team.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced culture that promotes the development of new ideas in an innovative environment. This candidate must be customer focused, have excellent time management, communication, leadership, and follow-up skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology on internet-based mapping applications used throughout the country.
- Works within an agile (Scrum) team to advance the state of the product.
- Interface with customer to determine and document application requirements.
- Coordinates with other functional members of the project team, i.e. infrastructure, database administrations security, and configuration management.
- Perform specialized programming duties including conceptual system design, specifications development, including writing interfaces to Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Translates detailed design into computer software.
- Tests, debugs and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
- Ensures that software design promotes modularity and portability and is reliable, serviceable, and maintainable, has demonstrable accuracy, privacy and security, and is sufficient within the parameters of the system.
- Prepares required system and data requirements documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation; system test, implementation, and configuration management plans and system demonstrations.
- Design and develop Intranet-based interactive applications.
Number of Years Experience Required:
- 7-10 year's experience in the Information Technology industry.
- 7 year's experience as an application developer.
- 7 year's experience in Java-based Object-Oriented Development (OOD).
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math is preferred.
Technical Skills Required:
- Hands-on Experience with most of the following technologies and frameworks are a must: Hibernate/JPA, JSF, Maven, XML, CDI, EJB 3.x, other open source tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX environment is a must.
- Knowledge and experience developing web front ends.
- Knowledge and experience in developing web services, particularly RESTFul.
- Strong math skills a plus.
- Exposure to GIS environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Geographical System (GIS) software a plus: Geotools, PostGIS and/or Oracle spatial preferred.
- Experience with web-enabling technologies to enhance input to an output from geographical displays is a plus.
- Shell scripting.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. work visa who has lived in the U.S. for 3 or more years.
- Strong communication skill Demonstrated ability to communicate and interface with the customer and interpret requirements.
- Proven track record of being a key contributor to software development teams.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use a computer/keyboard/mouse for several hours on a daily basis.
- May require occasional light lifting of up to 10 pounds.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefit, and flexible spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid government holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.