Fort Wayne, IN
$60-65k + benefits | Full-Time | Direct Hire
(hiring company unable to sponsor Visas at this time)
CFS Technology (a premier IT dedicated staffing solution in NE Indiana and parts of Ohio and Michigan) is working with an established and growing company in Fort Wayne who is an industry leader in the software market.
Here’s your chance to join the team as a Systems Engineer!
Why do you want to work here?
Systems Engineer Key Responsibilities/Experience:
- Manages the design, installation, and maintenance of on-prem/and cloud server and storage hardware, server operating systems, backup systems, and related applications.
- Ensures that assigned systems are engineered for high performance, capacity, and security standards.
- Responsible for daily tasks related to server/storage administration, optimization, and fault tolerance: including development and use of system automation strategies and techniques.
- Develops and maintains documentation of the university server/storage environment, including hardware, applications, licensing compliance, and daily procedures.
- Actively monitors and audits assigned systems, applying security patches and updates on a regular, scheduled interval and performing vulnerability assessment and remediation as needed.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends to leadership short- and long-range improvements and best practices related to the server/storage environment.
- Assists with disaster recovery and business continuity planning in relation to the technology infrastructure environment.
- Works collaboratively with others to ensure core infrastructure meets university needs and expectations.
- Maintains confidentialities as appropriate.
- Serves in an on-call rotation and responds to after-hours technology emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to provide opportunities for deeper conversations
- Utilize best practices in communication and service:
- Apply care to your words and deeds to ensure respect for others.
- Commit to follow through without exception and with quality.
- Offer additional assistance in customer service
- Respond promptly
- Recognize and celebrate milestones and achievements.
- Use resources wisely and support green initiatives.
Systems Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred. Associates degree in these fields will be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree if combined with current industry certifications in technology
- Security+ certification required, or must be obtained within first 6 months of employment
- Current industry certification related to major responsibilities of this position is preferred
- At least four years' experience supporting enterprise IT, two years of which should include advanced client/server administration.
Here at CFS Technology, we understand the needs of our clients and candidates, and we have the resources to provide both with win-win situations. For more information about this Systems Engineer opportunity, please send your resume in confidence to Maggie Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Information Technology, Infrastructure