*This is a 3 month contract with the possibility of being extended for 6+ months*
We geek out together on interesting problems, and they come in all forms: short-term, firefighting, and long-term vision. Working at a fast-growth company, we, in-turn, are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial group of engineers. Do you have an idea? You’re empowered to put it out there for the team to vet. You could see it come to fruition tomorrow. We aim to fail fast, learn from it, and get the best solutions for our customers as a result. Our camaraderie and mutual respect keep it all fun. Part of the team is housed in NYC. Others are distributed through the Americas. We value being able to move between parts of our stack for new challenges.
1. Adjusting existing CAD models for injection molding.
2. Lead tooling manufacture for injection molding and aluminum die-casting.
3. Adjust existing CAD models reduce parts count.
Create new, adjust and simulate existing CAD models.
- Design experience with injection molding and die-casting
- Thermal simulation, load/stress simulation
- Optimization of parts count
- SolidEdge, NX9, Solidworks, Fusion 360 and similar CAD platforms
- Work closely with Hardware Director and service vendors to take product to full production.
- Internal and external 3D printing
- CM selection
- Validation and rework of tooling
- Document validation efforts
- Support existing and future products throughout the full life cycle.
- Update CAD models and tooling as needed
- Document update efforts
- Create, validate and modify electronic product assembly fixtures.
- Visit manufacturing partners domestically to facilitate assembly process and quality improvements.
- United States (California, Florida, New Jersey, New York, etc.)
- Have worked on high-volume or durable products
- Have built mechanical projects as a personal pursuit
- Have intuition into how the manufacturer and end-user will interact with the product
- Value learning, creativity and have initiative
- Are good with people
- Are technically proficient in English. Mandarin a plus!
- Have a valid passport
Lab equipment: 3D Printer (FDM), digital multimeter, hand tools, thermal sources and measurement, data loggers.
Design software: Git, Altium Designer, SolidEdge, NX9, Solidworks, Fusion 360, Cura, etc.
Other software: Confluence, JIRA