Senior Financial Analyst / Newly Created Role (Hybrid Work Model)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are working with a smaller/growing company located here in the Twin Cities and they are looking to add a Financial Analyst to their growing team. This is a newly created role with the organization and will be the go-to for FP&A activities while also providing some light accounting support to the Controller. The company has built a fantastic culture and they offer a highly-flexible work model (ideally 1 to 2 days onsite per week). The Financial Analyst, FP&A will play a critical role in analyzing data and building financial models to identify key opportunities that drive strategic business initiatives. You will work to find solutions to complex business challenges to provide insight and recommendations to key stakeholders. The main focus of this role will be around budgeting, planning, and forecasting.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the FP&A Manager in the financial planning process, including annual operating plan, strategic and operational planning, forecasting, strategic projects, monthly/quarterly/annual results
- Lead role in consolidating daily results and communicating sales/margin updates to senior leadership in support of achieving strategic goals.
- Review and research reporting accuracy, perform in-depth root cause analysis as needed.
- Provide general accounting support to Controller
- Perform in-depth financial, variance, and trending analysis for key profitability drivers and metrics. Interpret results and articulate actionable recommendations to maximize profitability and ensure financial targets are achieved.
- Provide visibility to the financial impact of opportunities and risks arising during the quarter and ensure they are incorporated into FP&A’s Quarterly forecast.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to review and analyze financial statements with a solid understanding of financial concepts and applications
- Proficiency in MS Office – expertise in Excel and financial modeling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Experience building financial statements and forecasting required
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 2 to 4 years of related experience, preferably in a high growth organization
Compensation: $85,000 to $95,000
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
CFS - TechnologyWhy Work Here?
Check out this great opportunity!
CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire, and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Finance and Insurance