Manager of Corporate Accounting
Our client is a private, employee-owned multi-billion revenue corporation with a large global presence, is comprised of six decentralized business units, including multiple manufacturing plants worldwide. Located in downtown Chicago, has an immediate opening for a manager on its corporate accounting team. Though private, the company prepares external financial reports similar to a publicly-traded enterprise. The position is open due to current Manager moving into a different sector. This role will report to the Senior Manager.
- Named by Forbes magazine as one of the best large employers in the US, this recognition is based on the attitude of employees towards their own company and public perception of a company by industry employees
- Fun company culture, stresses teamwork both in the office and during outside events
- Mission is to serve local communities such as working at local food banks to painting community centers to helping out at Boys & Girls clubs
- Company is committed to continuous Innovation
- Opportunity for growth, multiple leadership programs and training
- Work life balance and a competitive salary
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Interact with decentralized business units to assist in the month-end consolidation process
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly consolidated results
- Complete month-end close process
- standard financial control-related activities.
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements and footnotes for required
- Various technical accounting analyses and disclosures, including but not limited to the quarterly stock valuation analysis;
- Preparation of the quarterly forecast and annual plan for the corporate entity as well as the compilation of the consolidated forecast and plan across the operating business units;
- Special Projects
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 6 plus years of professional accounting and finance experience.
- 1 year of management experience
- Exposure to corporate consolidations and strong analytical abilities are preferred, experience working with multi-national corporations and an understanding of the global business landscape
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.”
CFS - Technology
Why Work Here?CFS Technology, a division of Creative Financial Staffing, is a premier IT dedicated search & staffing practice. We provide technology specialists on a temporary and permanent basis across a broad range of industries. We work closely with our clients to better understand their specific hiring needs, which ensures that each placement we do is the absolute best. CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.”
Check out this opportunity!