This is a senior management position and as such the job description, below, is lengthy. Please read it before applying and ONLY apply if you meet the requirements.
Who You Will Work For: Our Client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced electronics automation assembly equipment. Their solutions are used to build some of today's most advanced electronic products and they are a cost-effective enabler of the fast-moving electronics industry road map. You probably own some products that were assembled using their equipment. From cell phones, tablets or advanced computing platforms, 5G infrastructure, internet of things, cloud computing and storage as well as wearable’s, sensors, MEMS, industrial, automotive, military and medical applications, their innovative solutions play an integral role in driving the future of technology!
In this key management position, you will be responsible for managing the activities of the new product development and sustaining engineering organizations.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define product direction through creation and implementation of platform technology roadmaps.
- Develop and implements solid methods and procedures for continuous improvement, planning, execution, and monitoring progress of engineering projects.
- Execute engineering projects, on plan, within budget, meeting product cost and performance objectives.
- Identify, in conjunction with Marketing and Product Development, areas of research and technology that address customer needs and respond to potential market needs.
- Define and manage engineering design toolsets including CAE/CAD, PLM, simulation and software development systems.
- Implement cross-training activities and plans for employees with specific attention toward the development of a highly flexible work force.
- Establish and implement team/individual Critical Success Factors, including the measurement and documentation of the progress of each employee toward the established goals.
TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering. MBA is a strong plus.
- 5+ years of product design experience with complex electro-mechanical equipment including motion & control systems.
- 5+ years of project management and engineering management experience in a product development organization.
- 3+ years of managing managers/supervisors in a cross-functional engineering environment.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience leading cross functional engineering teams globally.
- Direct experience managing cross-functional teams through a phase-gate Product Development Process from concept to end of life.
- Direct experience with using and managing CAE, PLM and engineering simulation tools.
- Direct experience with system integration of complex electro-mechanical systems with heavy software control content.
- Direct experience with engineering budgeting and fiscal management.
JOB LOCATION: This position is locate at the company headquarters in the Binghamton, New York area. An executive-level relocation package will be provided for successful candidates who are not now located in that area. For those not familiar with this region of New York State, it is a great place to live and raise a family. Offering reasonable cost of living, low housing costs, superb public schools, world-class universities (Cornell, SUNY-Binghamton, Renssalear Polytechnic, RIT, Syracuse Universit and several others are with driving distance). There are numerous lakes, mountains and parks that provide a wide range of outdoor activities.
IMPORTANT - READ THIS!: If you believe that you meet the requirements of this position, but your resume does not clearly show some of your experience that relates to these requirements, then you MUST revise your resume BEFORE applying for the position. Neither we, nor our Client, will “read between the lines”. Your experience as it applies to this position MUST be very clear or you will be rejected. So, please review your resume, and the above requirements, and revise your resume if necessary, to make sure that it clearly shows the required experience, prior to sending in your application.
This opportunity offers an excellent salary, bonus and equity position, as well as a comprehensive suite of benefits. This position is ONLY open to candidates who are currently living in the US and who are US Citizens or Green Card holders. Our Client is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
CFI Resources, LLCCFI Resources, LLC is a recruiting firm specializing in the semiconductor and electronics industries. We represent only exceptional electronics, semiconductor and semiconductor equipment companies that are a great place to work and offer exciting career potential.