Manufacturing Engineer -Dublin
CEO Inc Dublin, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical,
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Our Client is a diversified industrial company that provides seating systems, electro-mechanical assemblies, wire harnesses, plastic parts, engineered structures, panel assemblies, and warehouse automation subsystems for many markets including ecommerce, e-tailing, trucking, last-mile delivery, electric vehicles, military equipment, warehouse equipment, buses, construction equipment, agricultural vehicles, specialty transportation vehicles, mining, industrial equipment and off-road recreational markets
- Responsible for implementation of assigned engineering & technical projects including required interaction with both internal and external personnel.
- Recommend and manage projects relating to cost reduction activities or other programs involving manufacturing procedures, controls, or facility rearrangements.
- Full product change management, responsible for all aspects of customer product changes through production and successfully delivery of product to customer.
- Review and analyze current, new, or resourced manufacturing operation; develop & coordinate projects which will result in more economical manufacturing methods & cost.
- Audit & maintain up to date process data, BOM, drawings, and cost information
- Update and manage plant software and systems in accordance with company directives
- Research, analyze and recommend projects and/or activities for annual capital program.
- Demonstrate teamwork by collaborating with others to improve overall standards of performance and service.
- Provide top notch customer service to all customers, both internal and external; demonstrate Company core values in all day to day activities (Sense of Urgency, Teamwork, Integrity, Continuous Improvement, and Innovation).
- Adhere to establish safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities in support of organizational goals, identify cost reductions/value analysis for improvement of processes, products and methods.
- Key employee in supporting new part introductions and part changes including modification of tools.
- Update and maintain plant layout.
- Monitor market trends, new technology and manufacturing techniques.
- Support plant manufacturing activities and personnel through resolution of production problems or bottlenecks.
- Work with maintenance team in troubleshooting or determining optimum machine settings for various equipment.
- Participate on special teams and complete additional duties as business needs require.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment to include experience with time study, labor standards, part fabrication processes, and preferably lean manufacturing & plant layout.
- PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), program management, product change management, and Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified strongly preferred
- AutoCad required. Must be fluent with MS Office including advanced Excel.
- 3D modeling experience (CATIA) and experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills; ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate status/present information on process with colleagues, keep team members informed and respond clearly to inquiries
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude in working with all levels within the organization.
- Organized work style; effectively manage time and prioritize work load; assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Manufacturing experience in the heavy truck or automotive industries preferred.
- Able to work flexible schedule as dictated by business needs.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 27 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.
CEO IncWhy Work Here?
Great place to work
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 25 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in Engineering, and Production roles within the manufacturing industry at both top-tier and growing companies.