Business Development/Sales Director (Medical)
CEO Inc New Albany, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical,
Position: Business Development/Sales Manager
Location: Remote – MUST BE near large airport
Position Summary:A driven, hunter type executive-level sales person with established relationships in the industrial, consumer goods, or automation industries that possesses a master-level understanding of the people, sales process, and network associated with target markets. Candidate possesses the skills, attitude, and network to immediately generate sales opportunities. Provides sales support to prospects and customers, B2B sales, marketing and strategic analysis, along with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close deals. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of over-achievement specific to sales performance. Candidate possesses extensive experience in researching market trends, targeting customers, uses proven sales methods to create and capitalize on opportunities, and develops opportunities with the goal to drive profitable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with customers.
- Target markets include consumer, industrial, and large parts (up to 3500T).
- Contract injection molding, thermoforming, and value-added assembly services.
The Sales Manager will utilize existing relationships in the target markets to build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business opportunities. Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance. Research and recommend new opportunities, and recommend profit and service improvements.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands the competitive dynamics in the target contract molding/manufacturing landscape, and provides guidance specific to the markets that should be targeted based upon company’s core competencies.
- Executes the company’s marketing and sales strategy to gain new customers and develop them into profitable accounts.
- Receive requests for quotation and provide details to the development team that will help aid the estimating process. Acts as the liaison between the customer, Engineering and Program Management.
- Negotiates Terms and Conditions, Engineering Services and Manufacturing/Supply agreements with customers, or helps modify customer supplied contract and partnership documents.
- Regular customer visitation/interactions and development of relationships through many levels of the customer’s organization.
- Coordinate all aspects of the sales process including actively understanding and documenting customer requirements, fiscal requirements, ensure customer provides proper documentation for the order to be processed in manufacturing, communication with customer regarding schedule/delivery expectations, and obtaining customer feedback.
- Leads regular sales/marketing meetings and strategy sessions to inform team members of external and internal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, or potential business threats.
- May represent company at trade association meetings and exhibits to promote our varied services.
- Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, and professional manner and be able to provide clarification, as necessary.
A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or marketing disciplines. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with people with varying levels of experience and education is critical. Superb listening and reading comprehension, attention to details and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Possess a basic understanding of injection molding, thermoforming and value-added processes. Have contacts, established relationships, and a history of successfully selling products or services to target markets. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally. Motivated, self-starter mindset is required. Be able to adapt to changing needs.
Sales / business development experience in the consumer and industrial markets. Requires strong interpersonal skills, team player and multitasking abilities. Excellent written and “active” oral communication skills with both internal and external customers. Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships. Possess good planning and time management skills. Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form. Possess an inquisitive and curious nature.
- 5-10 years of sales experience with a demonstrated track record of over-achievement
- Proven ability to develop and initiate strategies for revenue and client count growth as well as expense control
- Strong understanding of sales
- Experience running and building a sales team a plus
- Build, maintain, and effectively manage a healthy sales pipeline
- Accurately forecast sales results
- Follow a structured sales methodology as well as meet and exceed sales quotas
- Exceptional references
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Prior experience working in contract manufacturing, ISO, and IATF certified environments is also preferred.
- Seniority Level: Sales Manager, Director
- Consumer goods
- Industrial goods
- Large part molding
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions:
- Business Development
- Hunter Sales and Account Management
CEO IncWhy Work Here?
Great place to work
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 25 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in Engineering, and Production roles within the manufacturing industry at both top-tier and growing companies.
AddressNew Albany, OH