Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking experienced Graphics Prepress Director to work in an assigned region.
Cenveo provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, dental and vision insurance and a generous Paid Time Off schedule. In addition, we provide 401k, Emp. Disability insurance, life insurance as well as other benefit plans.
The Graphics Prepress Director is responsible for providing direction to multisite Graphics departments by offering process improvements, technological guidance through project implementations, and overall direction and problem solving to meet and exceed customer requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Create and Maintain an ISO-like quality and assurance program.
- Develop, evaluate and improve all manufacturing methods to improve quality and production.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum quality production without negative affect on efficiency.
- Confer Operations concerning product design, tooling and equipment to ensure efficient production methods for current and new products and all R&D project.
- Collaborate with Technical group to establish methods and procedures for new product introduction.
- Write and design documentation to support continuous improvement in procedures and skills.
- Troubleshoot and resolve detailed anomalies in the manufacturing operation process.
- Consult with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment and materials.
- Propose and implement capital upgrades which include design, purchase, installation and start-up of new equipment or parts.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs of quality to provide information for management decisions.
- Consult with Mechanical team to diagnose and resolve mechanical failures in the equipment that support daily quality operations.
- Understand and apply tools and techniques to lead teaming efforts in support of continuous process improvement.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate quality processes.
- Lead Continuous Improvement effort for facility and Kaizen waste reduction projects.
- Track and evaluate individual quality performance for the plant.
- Direct and manage project implementation of Epson proofing system recalibration as well as complex procedure improvements concerning ink practices.
- Limited travel requirements.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of solid graphic design experience required.
- BFA or BA in graphic design or communication arts required.
- Must understand basic printing and prepress, as well as possessing the skills for prepping files for output.
- Knowledge of MAC, Kodak Prinergy front end, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Quark Xpress, and FTP Clients such as Fetch, Cyberduck, or Filezilla.
- Strong comprehension of all aspects of the manufacturing operation.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test. reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability and working knowledge of tools and techniques related quality measures in Flexography.
- Ability to apply statistical methods to problem solving, future manufacturing requirements, and current process capabilities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and front line employees.
Cenveo is an EEO Employer