Patient Care Coordinator - Ortho
Position Summary / Scope of Responsibility:
The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics LLC (CAO) is one of the nation's largest Orthopaedics practices, owned and operated by physicians, with over 60 locations across Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia. With approximately 2,000 employees, working in 28 Divisions, CAO is a growing business with revenues of approximately $250 Million. CAO is committed to be the Orthopaedics provider of choice for our patients; partner of choice for payors and health systems; and employer of choice by attracting and retaining a talented workforce.
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) provides administrative support to the Physicians. Under the direction/supervision of the Front Office Manager and physicians, the PCC performs a variety of patient registration, scheduling, and secretarial duties, and clerical and administrative support to physicians. The PCC answers phone calls from patients, hospitals, referring physicians, insurance companies and multiple other sources and responds to routine inquiries regarding patient care and the physician's schedule.
The incumbent may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this description. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the Mission, Core Values and Operating Principles/Policies of CAO.
- Exhibits strong customer service skills in daily interaction with the public, patients, staff, physicians, and all other third parties in the performance of job duties.
- Coordinates physician schedules. Effectively balancing patient appointments and meetings.
- Promptly answers and responds to incoming calls in a professional fashion.
- Assists in appointment scheduling and general incoming calls and serves as back-up for other receptionists, schedulers, and operators as needed.
- Obtains prior authorizations for procedures.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and CAO requirements and procedures.
- Discusses costs of service, insurance coverage, and payment options with patients. Includes completion FMLA, disability, and medical insurance forms.
- Coordinates communication between physicians and patients regarding questions about care, post-surgery needs, etc.
- Keeps patients informed of all scheduled tests and procedures.
- Utilizes computer software programs, as needed, to communicate and understand patient needs (i.e. scheduling, EMR, etc.)
- Other Duties as assigned.
The Patient Care Coordinator reports to the Practice Administrator.
This role does not have direct reports.Qualifications
Requirements, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 3 years of medical office experience is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience working in EMR systems.
- Experience collaborating across multiple functions.
- Experience innovating in a fast-growing work environment and dealing with ambiguity.
Competencies / Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - Ability to develop relationships and collaborate and influence in a decentralized organization.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment with a proven track record of results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent time management, organization, and administrative support skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to use appropriate body mechanics techniques when performing desk duties.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting, and sitting.
- Adequate hearing to perform duties in person and over telephone.
- Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone.
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading materials from printed sources and computer screens.
CENTERS FOR ADVANCED ORTHOPAEDICS LLC
18. The Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center - Falls ChurchFalls Church, VA
Get fresh Patient Care Coordinator - Ortho jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.