Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership (CVNL) is seeking a Marketing & Communications Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communication, the assistant is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of CVNL’s communication strategies. This position will be working out of our Santa Rosa office.
Working closely with the Marketing & Communications Director, the assistant is responsible for helping with the planning, development, and implementation of CVNL’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities (both external and internal) that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation. This individual will help ensure proper technologies are implemented, up-to-date, and functioning to support marketing and communication goals to grow CVNL’s base of clients, members, volunteers, and business leads. The Assistant will support digital channels and platforms (social media, websites, e-communications, etc.).
· Support development of all CVNL print communications and collateral including: brochures, flyers, mailers, postcards, print ads, branded materials/presentations, and event/service-specific materials
· Using key technologies, oversee electronic communications; track performance indicators and metrics; relay appropriate data to department heads and staff; manage relationships with associated vendors
· Working with the Director, oversee CVNL’s website(s); manage copy, layout, and visual identity; support online events calendar and CVNL blog; ensure plugins and integrations are functioning properly and up-to-date; manage back-up’s and updates
· When requested manage multimedia assets, creative partners and contributors, including photography and videography
· Provide support and oversight to staff in the development and execution of the communications strategy
· Guide email audience segment development and integration with CRM
· Work with the leadership team to create and publish resources, print and online, to advance CVNL’s image as a go-to resource for nonprofit leaders
· Maintain marketing communications records
· Bachelor's degree in graphic design, journalism, communications, or related field
· Minimum two years’ experience in marketing and/or communications
· Demonstrated digital marketing experience; must be familiar with Google Ads, Analytics, SEO, and basic customer acquisition principles/tactics
· Demonstrated experience managing strategic communications and marketing programs to advance an organization's mission and goals
· Experience in planning, writing, editing, graphic design and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
· Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
· Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
· Strong skills using communications software including: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), WordPress
· Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, promotions, and engagement methods
· Passion for CVNL’s mission
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a part-time non-exempt position with benefits.
To be considered as an applicant:
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject: “CVNL Marketing & Communications Assistant”