Battle Creek, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $100,000 Yearly
Job Title: Controller
Reports to: C.E.O
Job Requirement: MUST be proficient in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English Languages.
Job Summary: making sure that all assigned Control Accounts are reconciled to the required frequency and standards and adjusting as appropriate.
· Overseeing activities relating to the Control Account.
· Complete Control Account reconciliation to various sub ledgers.
· Ensure that month end close off is completed promptly, and according to reporting deadlines, and all reconciling items are properly documented in the correct reconciliation format and/or promptly actioned.
· Ensure that all invoices are processed correctly, and accounts receivable records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
· Approve prepared invoices prior to their release to clients
· Review and approve credit notes prior to release.
· Manage and reconcile reimbursements
· Manage the Accounts Receivable month end close-off for the business
· Follow up of outstanding client balances.
· Report monthly on the overdue amounts.
· Reconcile AR control to General Ledger at month end.
· Regularly update the EDMS to enable accurate reporting.
· Ensure that all Balance Sheet General Ledger accounts associated with Branch activities are maintained accurately to ensure they can be reconciled.
· Monitor and manage monthly activities in the national General Ledger accounts, investigating anomalies and carrying out Journal Entry adjustments and corrections as required
· Complete National General Ledger account reconciliation ensuring all outstanding reconciling items are actioned.
· Ensure that month end close off is completed promptly and all reconciling items are actioned.
· Provide financial information that complies with the Company’s financial and legal obligations.
· Assist the General Manager, Finance & Administration with the annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
· Work with the Budget and Forecasting tools to complete Budgets and Forecasts on time and within the required parameters as defined by the General Manager, Finance & Administration.
· Provide support to Sales/Price Managers to complete their budgets.
· Set up scenarios to support budgeting and forecasting.
· Ensure accurate financial data is available to meet all reporting deadlines internally and externally
· Ensure actual income and expenditure is in line with budgeted income and expenditure
· Clearly communicate the reasons for any discrepancies between budget and actual figures
· Work with both national and branch management to ensure budgeted outcomes are met and appropriate steps are being taken to ensure this
· Ensure the maintenance of all information and reporting systems necessary to provide timely, accurate and relevant information to the Company Accountant.
Qualifications And Experience:
· 3 years plus Work experience as an Accountant
· Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs)
· Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
· Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
· Experience with General Ledger functions
· Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
· BSc in Accounting, Finance, or relevant degree
· Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
AddressBattle Creek, MI
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?