The staff accountant – tax will be responsible for preparing taxes and assisting the accounting department.
- Review state and federal tax returns, work papers, reports and filings determining taxes according to prescribed rates, laws and regulations.
- Preparation of high volume of sales and use tax returns.
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration with federal, state, and local tax audits.
- Ability to research and keep up with changing tax laws and codes.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end audit by external auditing firm.
- Able to back up A/P, A/R, and invoicing.
- Assist with various projects and reports.
- Assists with year-end inventory.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax, or related major required.
One to five years of experience in completing and reviewing federal, state and local income tax and sales and use tax returns.
Effective research skills and ability to understand technical language required.
Must possess a high degree of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail.
Must be proficient with Excel software with the ability to demonstrate intermediate knowledge and ability.
Have ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
Must have the ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism and discretion.