The Investor Engagement team plays a critical role by engaging with our portfolio managers and analysts (investors) to provide day-to-day support for their investment processes.
This is a hybrid role with analysis, quantitative, data science, and development aspects. Initially, daily activities will include application and reports support, data analysis, requirements gathering, and user training. You will be key in maintaining high levels of service to the investors. Over time, you will become more integrated with one or more fundamental investment teams and have a more direct impact on the investment process by complementing the art of investing with science. You will work within a community of other scientific investors and resources in the firm’s Investment Science Department (comprised of risk managers, data scientists, quantitative investors, microstructure and derivatives experts) to bring a spectrum of scientific insights to your teams’ investment processes and philosophies. For example, you may work with PMs to improve capital allocation and other portfolio construction decisions by building risk models and other analytical tools; analyzing and proposing optimal hedging strategies where appropriate.
- Engage directly with Radnor investors to resolve problems, answer functional and data questions, provide training for new tools, and become a trusted advisor.
- Respond to investors’ requests for ad-hoc analysis, data extracts, and reports.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improving the investor’ workflows.
- Manage production incidents, determining root cause, appropriate corrective actions, and follow-up.
- Assist the broader (ex-Radnor) Investor Engagement team with various investor requests.
- Develp new models, custom analytics, and technologies that enhance the investment process and the investment team’s productivity.
- Generate investment insights and ideas from scientific research on both traditional and alternative data sets.
- Educate and inspire fundamental investors to better understand and incorporate scientific insights.
Keys to the Position:
- Domain knowledge: The candidate must have a strong understanding of financial instruments (fixed income, equities,derivatives, etc.)
- Must have experience supporting the front office (Portfolio Management and/or Trading).
- Communication skills: This individual will interface directly with Investors (Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers) so the candidate must have strong communication skills.
- Strong Analyst and problem solving skills.
- Technical skills: We are seeking experience with some programming languages (i.e. Python, Java, R, etc.) to be able to eventually join the Investment Science team as a Quant Developer or Quant Analyst.
- SQL is also required.
- Eventually there will be 50% development and 50% analysis and support so the development experience is equally important to this role although in the beginning there will be more analysis and support than development.
- We are seeking a hands-on, technical support person with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related subjects.
- Strong understanding of the investment management process, with hands-on experience supporting and working directly with investment management professionals.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Strong hands-on technical skills; fluency with one or more languages like Python, R, Spark, Java, C++/C#.
- Experience with relational database technologies with strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience with statistical inference and data science; training in machine learning or natural language processing a plus.
- Experience working with probability, statistics, time-series and cross-sectional analysis a plus.
- Expertise with software frameworks supporting scientific computing, data management and mathematical optimization (e.g. R, Pandas, Matlab, etc) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is absolutely essential for this position.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.