Senior Systems Analyst
CEI Group Boston, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Systems Analyst
Keys to the Position:
1. Must have 8+ years working as a Business Systems Analyst supporting Capital Markets
2. Must be strong with SQL as they will be working with SQL daily.
3. Must be able to work onsite at 100 Federal once we return to work
4. Needs to have experience supporting Fixed Income, Equities, or Derivatives
5. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our Trading technology team. You will provide technology to the firm’s talented community of investors and traders, pursuing projects from idea generation and prototyping to validation and production. You will be faced with compelling business challenges and encouraged to solve problems through the use of innovative techniques. You will work with exceptional business and IT professionals through cross-platform, data-driven projects, and assignments.
As a Trading Senior Systems Analyst, the individual will have the following responsibilities:
• Gather definition of & articulate requirements for Trading Compliance functions for the Investment, Trading, and Derivatives Legal business teams.
• Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements, as well as set priorities, act as a partner for the needs of the business partners
• Support of systems developed by the Trading Compliance IT team
• Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on-time, scalable, and high-quality business solutions
• Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
• Ensure quality of the product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
• Partner with business practitioners to define process workflow solutions
• Identify robust and creative solutions leveraging technology to improve key business processes and solve business challenges
• Develop key knowledge of specific business, system, and, data workflows
• Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners across the firm
• Partner with systems professionals at all levels of the organization to proactively manage opportunities for new/improved technology
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related field
• An MBA, PMP, CFA or work toward a CFA would be considered a plus
• 10+ years of business analysis or systems analysis experience in an investment management or financial services environment
• Domain knowledge: Equity, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives. Financial services experience is a must.
• Detailed knowledge and experience of investor/trader workflows
• Demonstrated track record throughout the systems lifecycle, with proven expertise in the analysis, delivery, and, support of major applications
• Strong project methodology skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs
• Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans.
• Change agent, creative, innovative, and focused on continuous improvements
• Strong analytical and hands-on problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
• Experience with Compliance/Regulatory systems/solutions in the context of a buy-side investment management firm a plus.
• Hands-on SQL knowledge
We provide competitive technical talent that enables companies to achieve exceptional results.