CEI Builders Gardnerville, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical,
Description: Summary: The Superintendent is responsible for the daily operation of a construction job site, including scheduling, production, and procurement of materials, manpower, and equipment. Supervises all direct labor positions on the assigned project. Manages and oversees any contracted work on the site to ensure successful project completion.
1. Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods.
2. Interacts with the Project Manager to determine the project schedule; develops and utilizes look ahead schedules to assess progress and spot upcoming issues.
3. Read and Interpret Site Plan, Construction Drawing, Blueprints and Scopes of Work
4. Coordinates the pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager prior to mobilization.
5. Directs procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
6. Ensures all parties involved with the project are informed of construction issues and progress: (1) meets with and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays; (2) meets regularly with craft personnel to update them on construction issues and to gather input for solutions; (3) meets with subcontractors prior to the sub’s mobilization to review scope of work and schedule; also, advises subs prior to each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements;
7. Works with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within the project work force.
8. Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and/or inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods.
9. Inspects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and to construction schedules.
10. Works in conjunction with project manager in preparing the Project Management Plan.
11. Ensures that company policies, such as safety policies, equal opportunity, and others, are implemented consistently. Ensures company quality standards and housekeeping requirements are maintained.
12. Understand and able to create Construction Schedules
• 13. Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
• 14. Perform Daily Jobsite Logs in Procore
Qualifications: Five years commercial construction experience preferred;
Has OSHA 30 experience.
Ability to Travel.
PREFER: project experience ($10 million plus);
demonstrated knowledge of construction processes; valid driver’s license, ability to read blueprints; good understanding and knowledge of subcontractor’s scopes of work and tolerances, demonstrated oral and written communications skills; supervisory experience; knowledge of OSHA Safety requirements ability to problem solve; team player; ability to multi-task; ability to perform light strength work; basic personal computer skills including Word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail.
CEI BuildersWhy Work Here?
Awesome Team - Our Strategy Builds Success
General Contractor - Renewal Energy
ConstructionView all jobs at CEI Builders