- Posted: over a month ago
At The Mill Casino, there's nothing better than being around your friends, and that's exactly the atmosphere we want to create here. We want team members to feel like they're welcomed with the unique experiences and growth we can offer. Come be part of the special atmosphere and hospitality of the hotel, or the welcoming, fun and friendly character of the restaurants and casino. Join our team in its dedication to be the leading destination for gaming and hospitality on the beautiful, southern Oregon coast!
BASIC FUNCTION (The primary purpose of this position):
This position assists with protecting the assets of The Mill Casino Hotel & RV Park (TMCH), its guests and employees from internal and external cheating, theft, embezzlement and advantage play. This will be done by the use of video systems and associated software to continuously observe all gaming and non-gaming-related areas for any deviations, abnormality or unusual activity as defined by law, Gaming regulations and in-house policies and procedures while ensuring all National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) CITGC, Tribal Compact and related regulations, and Minimum Controls (MICS) are followed and adhered to at all times.PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a clean, safe, healthy and friendly work environment for employees and guests; report and direct safety issues to Safety Committee.
- Protect Tribal Assets, as related to gaming, to ensure the honesty and integrity of all Gaming Operations operated by the Coquille Indian Tribe.
- Must learn and maintain a fundamental knowledge of department and casino operations, Gaming Commission Regulations, MICS, and Title 31 requirements.
- Ensure all departmental policies, procedures and internal controls are followed.
- Maintain open communication with Surveillance Department and other departments or agencies as directed.
- Operate Surveillance cameras to conduct routine Surveillance observations and investigate suspicious activity on the gaming floor.
- Actively observes, record and report daily casino activity.
- Monitor Table Games, Slots, Cage, Soft Count, Vault, and non-gaming areas.
- Train in all aspects of surveillance and casino topics to include; camera and equipment utilization, cheating methods and techniques, game protection, basic strategy and card counting.
- Assist Security in protecting the welfare of employees and guests of The Mill Casino Hotel & RV Park.
- Utilize necessary surveillance cameras, equipment and software to identify, record suspicious behavior and illegal activities, cheating, theft, and embezzlement.
- Assist with investigations as instructed by Surveillance Supervisor, Director or Gaming Commission.
- Assist with local law enforcement agencies in investigations of criminal activity which occurred on The Mill Casino Hotel & RV Park in the event the Supervisor or Director is unavailable.
- Accurately complete log entries, routine reports, written and oral, video reviews and all other functions related to casino operations.
- Routinely walk the casino floor looking for suspicious activity or unusual activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities over Surveillance Operators on any given shift employees; assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Highly sensitive position with access to monitor room, equipment and confidential reports and files.
- No gaming.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Objective educational or technical training required; skills; and years of experience):
- HS Diploma or GED required with a gaming certificate or formal education in the field a plus.
- Candidates with one year of experience in any of the following; Gaming Surveillance, Investigations, Loss Prevention, Casino Operations are preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and make sound business decisions exercising sound judgement, tact and discretion.
- Proficiency in detection of Advantage Players (card counters) is preferred.
- Excellent current game knowledge preferred.
- Ability to gather information and generate reports using a personal computer.
- Above average understanding of all computer based programs used by Surveillance.
- Ability to make decisions based on existing evidence and protect the assets of The Mill Casino Hotel & RV Park.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a six month introductory period and any Surveillance and Table Games Assessment testing.
- Must pass and remain in compliance with Coquille Gaming Commission background check and drug free work place policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Ability to work weekends, holidays and evening hours as business demands. Must be willing to work flexible hours and differing shifts; schedule ma change with minimal notice. While performing duties of this position, employee is required to sit for extended periods at a time in an enclosed environment. Frequently walk, and use hands and eyes to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Ability to manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure and manage duties that can change without notice. The casino work environment may expose employees to second hand smoke on a regular basis.
This description of duties, responsibilities and requirements is a summary, and is not intended to include all that may be assigned or required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
CEDCO: The Mill Casino Hotel & RV Park
AddressNorth Bend, OR
LegalView all jobs at CEDCO: The Mill Casino Hotel & RV Park