CEDA is one of the largest private, nonprofit Community Action Agencies in the country, serving residents throughout Cook County, Illinois. We are seeking a talented individual for a Training Specialist position.
Under the direction of the Training Supervisor, the Training Specialist will be responsible for implementing training programs and curricula and supporting field operations to develop both internal and partnership talent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Presents and conducts training sessions relevant to Energy Service programs.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers and instructors.
- Aids in the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of training programs.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding of programs and systems by creating training programs for all internal Energy Services staff and partner site staff.
- Organize partner site intake training programs which include registration, scheduling, instruction, testing materials, badges, and certificates of completion.
Evaluate internal and external needs of Energy Services and plan training programs accordingly.
- Assist in the development of training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials (including instructor-led, eLearning, etc.) that address the needs of all learning styles.
- Analyze evaluation of data and participate in reviews as part of the quality assurance process.
- Perform special assignments and participate on and/or lead project teams in which his/her knowledge and skills can be leveraged.
- Routinely review and revise training content as needed to ensure the most current information, processes, and training methods are being utilized.
- Complete all necessary documentation and reports related to training and maintain training records.
Provide “Train the Trainer” sessions to Team Leads and Partnership Coordinators.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Photo Shop/Professional and various modes of training programs.
Strong communications skills, including the ability to speak and write effectively and professionally.
Experience in public speaking or small group presentations.
Strong Customer Service skills, including the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization (fellow employees, member agency executives and staff, partners, state and federal agency officials, etc.)
Ability to relate to personnel and clients from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
Ability to travel frequently within Cook County, or outside when necessary.
3 years’ of experience with adult training.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
CEDA is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans