- Provides nutrition counseling, and breastfeeding counseling when applicable, to all eligible participants at certification and individual follow up visits
- Coordinates with the WIC Intake Specialist to complete all stages of the client certification process including screening, assessment, counseling, documentation and follow up
- Provides appropriate counseling and follow up to high risk/high priority clients as determined by WIC assessment and adheres to program standards of practice
· Ability to work with clients from a variety of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics (required)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) preferred. Illinois LDN required if RDN.
- Proof of completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), OR CDR card.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment for college loans
- Overtime available
- Generous vacation, sick, personal leave
- Paid holidays
Come see why we LOVE what we do as WIC Nutritionists!