Cash Application Specialist
CED Folsom, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $41,600 to $52,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
A Cash Application Specialist assists in protecting the financial assets of the company within CED Credit Offices by accurately and efficiently posting all forms of payments to accounts receivables. The desired candidate will use problem solving skills to balance remittances to the accounts and follow up with customers when necessary. The ideal candidate requires self-motivation, must prioritize effectively, and work successfully with minimal supervision.
REPORTS TO: Credit Manager
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and orally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, and Outlook)
- 10-key by touch 10,000 KPH
- Largely sedentary role in an office environment
- Routine use of office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, filing cabinets
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and post daily cash receipts accurately and timely - including but not limited to Lockbox checks, Credit Cards, EFTs, Online Payments, Cash, Bad Debt Recoveries, NSFs and Refunds
- Process payment adjustments as directed by Credit Office personnel
- Assist the Credit Department and Profit Centers in researching customer payment discrepancies
- Provide comprehensive documentation for all chargebacks to Credit Manager and respective profit center
- Communicate with customers to obtain complete remittances
- Drive for resolution of recurring cash application issues
- Reconcile bank and GL accounts on a monthly basis
NOTE: Because positions may evolve due to the needs of the business, this job description may not list all essential functions and is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other essential functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned at any time; with or without notice.
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability | Veteran
CEDWhy Work Here?
We give you the keys to your career: – Gain access to mentorship – Operational freedom – Professional development
CED is one of the largest electrical solutions distributors and product suppliers in the country, specializing in residential, commercial, industrial and solar projects. We put power directly into the hands of managers at each of our locations across the country, giving them the chance to make decisions best aligned with their city, clientele and unique circumstances.
600 Coolidge DriveFolsom, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CED