IT Architect (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Infrastructure Architect leads the development and of functional, informational, and physical architecture of assigned architecture domain portfolio. Functions as subject matter expert and provides consultation on assigned architecture domain. Provides recommendations on technology strategies to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description represents only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborates with Business Partners and Technology team to create and maintain an enterprise model which will document the business processes and system functions
- Maintains inventory and lifecycle of systems and applications.
- Manages third parties including measurement to SLAs and reporting on work product and recommendations for improvement.
- As the IT integration advisor for M&A, collaborates with teams across IT and business platforms in producing and presenting technology due diligence summaries that will be used to evaluate M&A opportunities
- Support the engineering team during design, development, and deployment by driving the architectural design of resilient solutions to the clients.
- Identify the need to update the technology stack to include infrastructure needs
- Consult with the infrastructure & operations team to fit the overall architectural infrastructure
- Maintain an effective governance model and adhere to design infrastructure compliance tasks.
- Supports the alignment of policy & standards to regulations and best practice standards including industry best practices (SOX, PCI, NIST, ISO, COBIT, CMMI, OWASP, ITIL)
- Identifies IT process enhancement opportunities and document and share best practices. Creates a playbook for successful due diligence and integration and manage expectations with the business on adopting the playbook and best practices.
- Leads infrastructure integration and transformation projects; develops coordinating infrastructure processes functional areas (e.g., data systems, servers, network, and web/Intranet); maintains extensive knowledge in networking, databases, systems, and/or web operations
- Provides support and guidance to support staff and internal customers on security related operations; evaluates products and/or procedures to enhance information security productivity and effectiveness
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Business Management or a related field and 5 to 7 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Prior experience in commercial industrial manufacturing industry is helpful. M&A/PE, specifically technical infrastructure due diligence through integration ideally for both large enterprise and small-midsized IT departments strongly preferred.
Microsoft (Azure), network(Cisco), other technology certifications or similar (preferred)
- Experience building and deploying replication, restoration, or data backup
- Experience dealing with public cloud services
- Must have an in-depth understanding of Azure elements and how to set them up
- Must have previous experience establishing Azure for a similar need
- Technology — Deep expertise in modern technologies, M365, Microsoft Azure, Cisco Meraki, GRC
- Should be able to provide guidance on the best price architecture for projects depending on the project requirements.
- Project Management principles — Expert knowledge of project management and continuous improvement and how to construct, manage and execute based on technology needs.
- Cloud security principles, defensible security architecture and different attack vectors and corresponding preventions or detections given different network designs to include: a solid knowledge of the different types of cyber-attacks and exploitation methods as well as knowledge of network security principles
- Understanding of various components of IT infrastructure architecture – on-premises systems, hybrid public cloud, end-user technology, virtualization, security, LAN/WAN, data center, etc.
- Managing third parties including measurement to SLAs and reporting on work product and recommendations for improvement
- Exercising confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment. • Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and balance conflicting demands.
- Relationship building and effective interpersonal interactions. Demonstrating cultural sensitivity to the needs of culturally diverse colleagues.
- Coaching — Experience coaching and mentoring individuals and teams and facilitating training sessions. Demonstrated ability to influence change and resolve conflict at the leadership and team level.
- Financial Resources Management- Determining how money will be spent to the work done, and accounting of these expenditures.
- Critical thinking-Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making-Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with colleagues, supervisor, and clients, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Management of Personnel Resources-Leading, motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Deductive Reasoning-The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension-The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Well-developed ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong attention to details.
- Organization and prioritization-The ability to prioritize and organize workload with strong attention to details.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
ADA REQUIREMENTS (For U.S. positions only):
- Positions in this function typically require typing, sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Concentrated mental and/or visual attention. The work involves performing complex tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications, or a high degree of hand and eye coordination for sustained periods.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Travel may be required, as necessary; must have ability to travel across borders.
The above job description is intended to represent only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
TechnologyView all jobs at CECO Environmental
Get fresh Infrastructure Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.