Field Service and quality Engineer - 1551 (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
CECO Environmental is a global leader in air quality and fluid handling serving the energy, industrial and other niche markets. Providing innovative technology and application expertise, CECO helps companies grow their business with safe, clean and more efficient solutions that help protect our shared environment.
We are adding a Field Service and quality Engineer to join fast growing Thermal Abatement Solutions team. This is a REMOTE position.
The Field Service and Quality Engineer is responsible for start up / commissioning, resolving technical issues, and inspecting product quality of thermal oxidizer equipment in the field and at fabricators ensuring that product inspections and quality control procedures are carried through as defined in the product specs, and meet the standards required by our customers/ end-user.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise equipment installations and complete start-up and commissioning on all makes of thermal and catalytic oxidizers.
- Works closely with applications and engineering personnel on activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment and preventative maintenance.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers
- Installs new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyzes and reviews inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Comprehends wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Maintains records of performance reports by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists and daily time sheets
- Conducts quality inspections at fabrication sites to insure all quality steps are followed lessening the chance of quality defects in the field
- Increases CECO awareness of how CECO products and service offerings can benefit their operations
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Travels frequently to customer sites, occasional overtime and sporadic on-call emergency service is required to meet customer’s needs
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline. Or Associate's Degree with a minimum 3 additional years of related industry experience
- A Minimum of 10+ years experience with a min of 5 years of direct thermal oxidizer equipment experience.
- A demonstrated track record of communicating and training plant associates to achieve the required knowledge transfer of equipment operations and safety features.
- Experience in thermal abatement or related equipment, control systems and field start up/commissioning preferable.
- Knowledge of thermal and catalytic oxidation solutions for abatement of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), gaseous air toxic fumes and odors from chemical, hydrocarbon, and acid gas process streams; preferred.
CECO Environmental offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and more.
CECO Environmental is an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We sincerely appreciate your interest and will carefully evaluate your qualifications for employment. Be assured your opportunity for employment with our company will be based only on your merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements.
EngineeringView all jobs at CECO Environmental