Perform the necessary operational/administrative business support services essential to the fulfillment of the mission and functions of the program office, which effectively communicates, promotes, and defends the mission, goals, and budget of the agency through proactive outreach and sustainable relationship building with the Congress, its committees, and staff, as well as to the public, media, and state, local, and tribal stakeholders.
- Serve as a public affairs liaison to assigned programs and attend weekly meetings to integrate public affairs into strategic planning.
- Provide public affairs recommendations to the Director, Deputy Director, and other program office staff as appropriate on program activities, milestones, and issues.
- Assist in developing communication plans on significant program activities, milestones, and issues
- Assist in developing themes, messages, and talking points on significant activities, milestones, and issues.
- Assist in developing timely, high-quality written products that promote the agency’s strategic objectives, policies, and programs.
- Assist in developing responses to media queries on program activities, milestones, and issues that are properly coordinated and cleared through headquarters, field offices, and sites as appropriate.
- Assist program office staff in pitching stories to reporters and facilitating media interviews and press conferences.
- Collaborate with the digital media specialist, photographer, and other relevant program office staff to produce engaging, visually-appealing web and social media content related to assigned programs.
- Build, manage, and maintain database of media relations activity, media contact lists, news clips, speaking engagements, and other public affairs activity as necessary.
- Track, prepare, and distribute news clips and other public affairs content as necessary.
- Preferred: Active Q or TS clearance.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree. Minimum Education: Associate’s degree in Communications.
- Minimum Experience: 4 years’ related work experience in developing communication plans on significant program activities, milestones, and issues, as well as written products that promote the program’s strategic objectives, policies, and programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with generating and producing website and social media content.