Perform office and administrative support services for the program office. The support includes: typing/processing of classified and unclassified correspondence, documents, and reports; proofreading; general administrative services; maintaining tracking systems and calendars; providing graphics support; travel services; records management (e.g., directives, procedures); operating computers, copiers, facsimile machines, other office equipment; support in mailroom operations (e.g., mail processing of classified and unclassified mail and interoffice correspondence); and management of office supplies and storage.
- Coordinate administrative support with the Manager’s administrative assistant to provide coverage during periods of the Federal administrative assistant’s absence.
- Answer incoming telephone calls. Direct incoming calls to the appropriate personnel or take messages as appropriate.
- Perform word processing, scanning, and faxing services that involve processing classified and unclassified correspondence on computers or other automated equipment. All classified work shall be processed and handled according to approved security procedures.
- Proofread all prepared documentation. Includes correcting all spelling, grammatical, punctuation, and formatting errors.
- Provide document duplicating services as required.
- Serve as the records custodian for the area supported. Work with the program office’s Records Manager to ensure proper archiving, inventory, disposition, and destruction of records. Shred and recycle documents as required.
- Schedule conference rooms, appointments, and meetings as required, including processing visitor access requirements as applicable.
- Call in maintenance on office equipment that has existing service contracts. For equipment not covered by existing service contract, contact appropriate Federal personnel.
- Prepare, receive, and store classified documents in accordance with DOE Orders and manuals.
- Maintain or provide input to correspondence logs and various data bases (e.g., ePegasus, Universal Records Manager (URM), or successor systems), that detail receipt or dispatch dates, suspense dates, identifying document characteristics, project management correspondence, training, file location, etc.
- Prepare presentation material, databases, and reports requiring expert skills in MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and other current version of software used by the field offices to include bar, pie, text, or flow charts, calendars, etc.
- Maintain a calendar of planned conferences, meetings (e.g., telephone, videoconferencing), program reviews, etc., to ensure availability of facilities and equipment.
- Provide general administrative assistance as needed.
- Coordinate travel planning and documentation required for Federal employees through the current travel management systems.
- Maintain and distribute the Code of Federal Regulations as needed.
- Provide administrative support of the Management and Operating Contract documents as requested.
- Provide document services as a trusted agent of the program office. This includes receiving, recording, reviewing, destroying, and transmitting marked classified and unclassified documents. Responsible for ensuring that documents have the appropriate markings, need-to-know, and general compliance with current agency directives and policies.
- Obtain and maintain certification of access to the Safeguards and Security Information Management System (SSIMS) to assist with classified responsibilities as needed.
- Manage the Mail Distribution Center, Correspondence box. Receive and review all incoming external and internal correspondence and materials to determine appropriate routing. Responsible for preparing outgoing correspondence to include the maintenance of records of certified, registered, and express mail. Ensure packages and mail comply with existing U.S. Postal regulations.
- Maintain office supplies and storage. Serve as the point of contact for maintaining stocks or adjusting inventories as required.
- Serve as the Federal Express (FEDEX) point of contact. Maintain FEDEX database, prepares items for shipment, and ensures compliance with FEDEX and agency policies related to express delivery of documents. Responsible for the preparation of documentation for payment submission.
- Collect and provide disposition of classified and unclassified sensitive documents for destruction in accordance with the agency’s Security Guidance.
- Open, date-stamp, and distribute incoming mail to appropriate mailroom distribution whether internal or external.
- Maintain classified documents in safe until they are picked up by the addressee or proper organization.
- Required: Active Q or TS clearance.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree. Minimum Education: Associate’s degree
- Minimum Experience: 4 years’ related work experience in providing executive administrative support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.