The Inside Licensing Specialist is an expert licensing advisor who provides sales support for Account Managers, Field Account Executives and customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and achieve all individual and team revenue, gross profit sales goals for the segment.
- Responsible for tracking and ensuring all steps in the CDW Contract Management methodology for software agreements are followed.
- Help in identifying and driving Up-sell / additional product opportunities
- Participate in proactive campaigns focused on driving upsell goals
- Partner with Field Licensing Account Executives, Software Sales and Licensing Specialists, and Technical Specialist to add value to mutual customers and capture a greater share of software purchases
- Respond to email or phone inquiries from Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Participate in conference calls with customers to explain and help determine the best licensing program for their needs including Cost Analysis comparisons
- Prepare Dell EMC contracts (Select, Enterprise Agreements or Campus/School) on behalf of the customer and teach the specifics of the contractual requirements
- Become a subject Matter Expert for all Dell EMC licensing agreements
- Provide guidance to sales on quotes and opportunity pricing.
- Research Dell EMC licensing questions and agreement changes
- Develop relationships with the Microsoft sales team in their assigned segment
- Educate the CDW/CDWG Account Managers and Sales teams to promote Dell EMC sales in their region. This includes specifics of the licensing and services offerings, how to leverage Dell EMC programs with their customers, and how to provide up-sell opportunities and incentives
- Achieve certification in Dell EMC Licensing Competency
- Effective management of pipeline and practice tools
- Execute proactive sales call campaigns
- Complete ongoing certification requirements
- High School diploma
- Previous CDW/CDWG Account Manager, Partner Specialist, or Licensing experience
- Excellent communication skills with customers, Account Managers and Dell EMC organization
- Outstanding licensing, negotiation and closing skills
- Proven customer facing ability
- Excellent multitasking capabilities in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization and time management skills