Senior Structural Project Manager
CDR Maguire (CDR|M) delivers solutions that move people, and we are looking for a Senior Structural Project Manager to join our Transportation Engineering Division in the Greater Boston area. In this position, you will be responsible for bolstering our Transportation Division and strengthening the CDR|M Structures Department through technical expertise and innovation. Responsibilities of this position include leading, managing, and completing structural design and analysis as well as other structural engineering efforts. If you are a natural leader with management experience who embraces complex structural engineering challenges, we invite you to apply to become an integral part of our team.
Individuals who have experience in project management and business development will perform the following in this role:
- Serve as the lead Project Manager on major, local, and regional transportation structure projects.
- Develop client relationships.
- Provide technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentor engineering staff.
- Communicate with staff from a range of disciplines (roadway, traffic, water, planning, etc.).
- Develop scope/schedule and monitor budget for assigned projects.
- Perform/prepare and/or check complex structural analysis and design calculations, geometric/bridge layouts, construction specifications, and material quantity calculations.
- Manage bridge/structural tasks as part of project development, including plan and report production.
- Participate in professional industry organizations.
- Travel as business requires, up to 25%
CDR Maguire is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and EO/AAN/D. Must be able to work in the United States to apply.
- 10+ years of transportation/bridge project management and structural engineering experience.
- Bachelor's in Structural Engineering; Master's degree is highly preferred, Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Massachusetts or ability to obtain in six (6) months; SE preferred.
- Successful history of developing client relationships.
- Experience with MassDOT design manuals, procedures, specifications, standards, computer programs, applicable design codes, engineering software, and plan presentation format.
- Knowledge of AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, REMA and other applicable North American design codes.
- Proven ability to design multiple bridge types in both concrete and steel
- Thorough knowledge of staged construction analysis.
- Strong understanding of and solid experience utilizing Structural engineering software packages such as: MDX, Con-Span, RC-Pier, and STAAD.
- Experience with preferred engineering client design software programs such as: MicroStation, AutoCAD, Mathcad, etc.
- Experience with Design-Build (D/B) and Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) project delivery.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
A full-service transportation planning, design, construction management/construction inspection, and project & program management engineering firm founded in 1938, CDR|M operates at the intersection of innovation and alternative delivery solutions. With offices across the nation, the firm has expanded to provide engineering consulting services, emergency management solutions, and disaster health and medical services, overseeing over $2 billion in construction and over $10 billion in disaster recovery. CDR Maguire is the winner of two Presidential Design Awards and has been ranked as one of the nation's Top 500 Engineering Firms and Top Design Firms by Engineering News-Record.
CDR Maguire provides employees competitive benefits packages and the resources to develop and succeed in both their professional and personal lives. We support employees and their eligible family members with a comprehensive benefits program, which provides variety and flexibility to meet individual needs.
CDR MaguireBoston, MA
ConstructionView All CDR Maguire Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.