Direct Care Professional
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF (DSS)
$19/hour, Medical/Dental/Vision*, Paid Time-Off*, Employment Retention Bonus $300, 90 Days!
Provides direct care supports to waiver-participants. Ensures health, safety, and welfare and compliance with 55 PA Code Chapter 6400 and Chapter 51. Coordinates and transports participants to medical appointments and community activities.
· Reports to the Site Operations Manager.
· Ensures CDR Care mission & vision are incorporated in the provision of participant supports.
· Complies with all policies and procedures.
· Completes tasks and assignments with accuracy.
· Participant records data/information entry and initialing upon completion.
· Documents all correspondence.
· Reporting/documenting incidents and information pertaining to relevant medical issues, such an injury, illness, and medication changes and observed side effects of medication.
· Participating in participant personal hygiene activities (document if required).
· Create menus, cook meals, and give snacks (depending on the shift)
· Annotate all pertinent information in Daily Log and review Daily Log at the beginning of each shift.
· Organize and manage participant and community home binders.
· Reviews and familiarizes with participant’s ISP (i.e., food allergies, behavioral issues, emergency contact #, etc.)
· Successfully completes the Medication Administration training (if applicable).
· Ensures all prescribed and over-the-counter medications are dispensed in accordance with participant medical needs and documentation per CDR Care policies and procedures.
· Assists the participant in completing necessary medical appointments and follow-up; and plans approved community activities.
· Ensure that participant medical needs are met by medical providers.
· Documentation and the following of instructions given per consults/consultant.
· Distributes participant funds; collects, documents, and submits receipts and assists with participant banking account(s), as directed.
· Assists with the cleanliness, maintenance, and general upkeep of service-site.
· Communicates and resolves participant issues and concerns with supervisors on a regular basis.
· Participates in staff meetings & trainings.
· Exemplifies appropriate attitude, language, dress, and behavior.
· Adheres to the established policies and procedures in the event of crisis situation; complies with instructions given by the supervisor, contacts the appropriate people (both professionals and family of participant), as directed.
· Contacts designated personnel to inform of emergency situations.
· Ensures effective communication with participants, families, and other individuals involved in the provision of participant supports.
· Participates in agency-wide projects and work groups, as assigned.
· Receives 24 hours of training relevant to Human Services.
· Transports participants in a safe and timely manner, as assigned.
· Performs additional duties, as necessary:
· Implements Participant-Centered Thinking Plans.
· Accompanies participants in social activities.
· Engages participants with leisure activities, such as arts & crafts, and games.
· Provides general assistance to the participants with implementing their activities of daily living.
· 18 years of age or older
· Equivalent of a high school diploma.
· Physically able to support, transfer, and/or manage another human being under normal to seizure-associated episodes.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills and adequate written and verbal communication skills.
· Background investigation (Act 33/34) and physical examination/TB Skin Test requirements.
CDR CareWhy Work Here?
Stress free work environment with great benefits!
515 Sunnyfield Dr Monroeville Pa 15146New Kensington, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at CDR Care