This job will be based out of Wadsworth Ohio; relocation may be applicable
The Electrical Senior Engineer is responsible for the application of engineering principles through participation in the collection and analysis of data and the initial preparation of satisfactory designs and technical reports. The Electrical Senior Engineer must become familiar with the technical staff, methods, practices and procedures of the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate, on schedule engineering and design services.
- Cooperate with parallel activities within the firm including the other engineering disciplines and office administrative functions.
- Develop technical solutions of assigned projects; including field observations and evaluations, research and collection of data to be utilized in developing technical solutions.
- Complete assignments within time frame allocated without sacrificing the integrity of the end results.
- Ensure that all assigned work is completed with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Mentor and respond to technical questions by drafters, designers and Engineers I and II to assist in their professional development.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations relevant to assigned tasks.
- Successfully apply all capabilities in order to develop professionally.
- Obtain information from historical records, previous projects, etc. to be utilized in analysis of specific project tasks.
- Prepare departmental task hour estimates for projects subject to supervisor approval.
- Coordinate the drafting efforts or subconsultant efforts required on a project. (Subject to supervisor review.)
- Check (as required) design calculations performed by other engineers.
- Check engineering drawings and specifications for errors, technical content, omissions and coordination with project and other discipline requirements.
- Serve as Lead Engineer of designated projects as required.
- Submit revisions to the Engineering Standards for review and update.
- Perform calculations and application of components; maintain organized calculations for review by Supervisor.
- Provide competent, accurate, economical engineering designs, and/or specifically assigned tasks.
- Provide detailed correspondence such that all project issues are handled in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepare / check reports, plans and specification in an efficient manner within schedule and budget.
- Provide smooth coordination of assigned project tasks to maximize productivity and efficient utilization of staff and/or equipment.
- Seek to continually gain practical engineering experience that will enable a broader utilization of capabilities.
- Assist supervisor with staff assignments to ensure that production goals are met.
- Understand the Louis Perry & Associates Quality Policy Statement.
- Follow the Quality System Procedures Manual and Work Instructions.
Louis Perry Group -Electrical Senior Engineer
CDM Smith Employment Type:
The Electrical Senior Engineer shall be well qualified by reason of education and experience to effectively discharge his/her duties. At a minimum, the Electrical Senior Engineer should be a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or related field with eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in the Engineering field, and preferably be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.).
Experience shall include medium and low voltage power distribution, motor control and lighting design, utility substations, DC and variable frequency drives is desirable
Knowledge of National Electrical Code and capable of performing load calculations and studies relating to power distribution systems. (SKM capability a plus)
Must be able to travel occasionally to site visits and client meetings both locally and out of state
Experience in industrial or power projects
Knowledge of instrumentation and control systems
Interpret other disciplines drawings such as P&IDs, PFD, control schematics
Balance of plant design such as lighting, fire protection, communications
Engineering and construction estimates
Experience in industrial facilities such as, chemical, rubber and power plants.
Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including NEC and NESC
Capable of specifying electrical equipment
Knowledge of relay programming
The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed Louis Perry Group Placement Agreement from the Louis Perry Group Recruiting Lead to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the Louis Perry Group staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to the Louis Perry Group and any resume submitted to any employee outside of the Louis Perry Group's Recruiting Lead will be considered property of the Louis Perry Group. The Louis Perry Group will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position