- Conducts site inspections to validate and record infrastructure damage; includes taking photographs, making site sketches, and writing detailed damage descriptions.
- Develops and/or reviews scopes of work and cost estimates, including code and standard requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes architectural and engineering reports, designs, and as-built plans.
- Makes recommendations regarding claim eligibility. Develops or evaluates hazard mitigation proposals and benefit-cost analyses.
- Works with applicants to prioritize their projects, facilitates applicant meetings throughout the program delivery and recovery stages, and communicates the final determination to the applicants.
- Provides analyses and updates reports, participates in status update meetings with FEMA, and identifies the need for technical specialists. Other duties as assigned.
Federal Emergency Architect - First
WAF Field Mod Fringe
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, historical architecture, architectural history, art history or a related discipline. E
- 5 years of in-field experience or 2 years of in-field of expertise with a professional registration (Registered Architect- RA).
- Domestic travel is required.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. CDM Smith is a major partner to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), supporting its mission under various prime and/or sub-prime contracts for Public Assistance, Individual Assistance, Hazard Mitigation Assistance, and Risk Analysis. The Public Assistance program supports recovery operations primarily for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly-owned facilities, such as: roads, bridges, municipal buildings, police and fire stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, etc., including Private Non-Profit facilities such as hospitals.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass an FBI background check.
- Working knowledge of design applications and technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of technologies and methodologies in the use of construction materials.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills to balance and prioritize work. Strong attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to adapt to change quickly and remain flexible.