Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
We’re a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. We’re innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers’ car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service. Join us and be a part of the evolution.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organisation where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
Purpose of role :
Reporting directly to theController, you will partner with the Corporate Controller organization to ensure appropriate technical accounting treatment of significant and unusual transactions in line with US GAAP and CDK Accounting policy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities :
- Lead the technical accounting review of large or unusual contracts with customers within the CDK. This may include reviews of Master Service Agreements (MSA), framework agreements with OEMs or other large groups, client-specific Statements of Work (SOW), and any Non-Standard Addenda (NSA).
- Preparation of accounting position papers to support CDK's treatment of large or unusual transactions, for review by the International Controller and the Corporate Technical accounting team, as appropriate.
- Partner with colleagues in the CDK Controlling team to ensure that technical accounting conclusions are appropriately reflected in the CDKFinancial Statements.
- Act as point of contact for our external auditors on any technical accounting matters
- Actively support CDKefforts in stabilizing the processes and systems for ASC 606, implemented in FY19, serving as the primary CDK liaison for technical accounting matters on revenue recognition under both ASC 605 and ASC 606.
- Actively support CDK efforts to analyze and implement the new lease accounting standards, serving as the primary CDKliaison for technical accounting matters associated with implementation and ongoing application of the new standard.
- Assist with other newly issued or revised accounting standards that may affect CDK Global.
- As applicable, partner with the Corporate Controller organization to provide additional technical accounting support for any business combination activity (i.e. M&A) occurring within the CDK.
- Assist with other initiatives requiring technical accounting input, as assigned by the International Controller.
- Prepare and deliver training programmes to finance and non-finance personnel on areas of complex accounting under US GAAP and IFRS
- Lead the planned project for CDK’s adoption of IFRS for statutory reporting (longer term objective)
Do you dare to be different?
We look for people with the right cultural fit. While our business is full of industry minds we also value those who are keen to work together and have the potential to develop new knowledge and skills. Innovation and collaboration means growth and ours, ultimately, depends on yours.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong technical proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS – in particular in relation to revenue recognition, leasing and restructuring
- Proven experience of working for an international company with multi-Country teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical accounting concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience of working within the technology sector in a similar role would be desirable
- Able to develop strong relationships and working collaboratively with key contacts across the business e.g. Business Service Centre, Operations, Legal and Sales
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Proven drive to achieve the right outcome, in a time-pressured environment
- Flexibility to travel (some ad-hoc travel required)
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent)
Why a career with CDK Global?
We demand diversity. Our people may be spread across countries, continents and cultures, but we’re united by a passion and enthusiasm to drive our business forward. This means no matter where you work you’ll feel like part of our global team. Diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences are the only way to deliver world-class service to our customers. Our differences are our strengths
Your benefits. To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not length of service. We will also help you grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the exciting opportunities our global market has to offer.
The perfect opportunity awaits. Start your career with CDK Global.