PROJECT CONTROLS VI
- Posted: December 07, 2022
Project Controls VI
Bachelor’s degree from four- year college or university and experience in engineering/construction or related field or equivalent working knowledge and experience. This is an individual contributor position, without lead responsibility, and is generally considered to be the highest level for a non-supervisory position. Normally requires a minimum of 12 years of experience. Incumbents function as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced project cost control concepts. Provides technical guidance, support and supervision for the Project Controls functions of planning, scheduling, cost management, progress and performance analysis and reporting, as required to meet project scope and job requirements by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
- Under administrative guidance, plans and executes the Project Controls requirements for projects.
- Responsible for providing administrative direction, coordination, evaluation, training and coaching to a team of Project Control Specialists.
- Serves as team leader on medium and large projects.
- Analyzes variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan, and communicates the reason for the variance and proposed mitigation plans to Project Management.
- Supervises the implementation of Work Breakdown and Project Coding structures for control and integrity of work defined by the contract.
- Leads proposal efforts for cost/scheduling requirements.
- Interprets contract conditions to ensure compliance.
- Develops and delivers training programs in Project Controls systems and methods.
- Familiar with the functionality of automated accounting and cost management systems.
- Prepares Project Management Reporting and assists in Project Review.
- Performs economic evaluations and other special studies, as required.
- Maintains knowledge of safety policies and procedures and perform assigned duties in a safe manner and has responsibility for the safety of those begin supervised and ensure they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
- Confirms close out requirements, prepares Project Controls closeout procedures and closeout report.
- Determines historical data requirements and inputs into historical data system.
- Capable of performing many or all of the requirements of the lower classifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and five years’ experience in engineering/construction or related field. In lieu of degree, ten - fourteen years of experience in the engineering/construction or related field will be accepted.
- Software experience required: Microsoft Excel, Primavera.
- Additional skills/experience/software preferred: Microsoft Access, Primavera Risk, Engineering Processes and phases.
- TIC Reporting, Forecasting and Analysis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding and application of industry standard project controls best practices.
- Reading, understanding and applying contract terms, conditions and commercials.
- Ability to perform Project financial analysis such as forecast at completions, cost to date, revenue, profit etc.
- Ability to perform and understand schedule analysis such as critical path, float, schedule quality and risk analysis.
- Ability to act as the client project controls focal point.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Review and approve project controls reports prior to publication.
- Ability to analyze and understand all project controls reporting documents.
- Ability to Develop Engineering, Procurement and Construction CPM Schedules in Primavera.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.
CDI Engineering Solutions LLC
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?